Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lower volume (2x5) for strength gains (because 5x5 makes me eat too much!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

archeologyboy, once a week is the most i would ever do. It doesn't hurt to try, especially if you're already over doing it. Just drop back and see if you can maintain (or increase) strength gains. It seems crazy to not even try given that it's not any more work
    You just have to give it everything when you do train.

Comment

jfreaksho - thanks I'll have a look at body by science, sounds like it might be a helpful approach

greenbeast - thanks for the encouragement, I'm definitely going to experiment with low volume and frequency. I'm taking this week off as a deload week (and to get out of the 'more is more' mindset), then I am thinking i will experiment to see what is the minimum that works for me. It definitely seems pointless to do more than the minimum i need to do to to accomplish my objectives - time not spent working out can be spent on other things.
      Last edited by archaeologyboy; 07-07-2013, 05:22 PM.
      Me: 41, 5'11", primal since Dec 2011, 73kg, 15%BF but looking to drop to 10%ish
      Exercise: barbells, bodyweight, sprints, surfing
      Food: primal but a little higher carb - white rice, bananas
      Sleep: has been problematic for years but recently good - Sleep Restriction Therapy is really working for me

Comment

Originally posted by archaeologyboy View Post
        . It definitely seems pointless to do more than the minimum i need to do to to accomplish my objectives - time not spent working out can be spent on other things.

ding ding ding we have a winner!

Comment

Working...
        X