Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Becoming a Supple Leopard!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Becoming a Supple Leopard!

    I tried to borrow this book from my local library and I can't believe I am the 49th person waiting for it. I didn't even think anyone knew about this book at all. Shock

    What do you think of this book? Is this a must purchase?

  • #2
    I'm reading that now on my kindle, it's awesome.

    Comment


    • #3
      My experience of trying the exercises on the Mobility Wod youtube channel leads me to believe that Kelly Starrett is some kind of witch and I wish to learn more of his spells.

      Comment


      • #4
        I got the book, it is well worth it. It is put together with the quality of a college textbook that would cost hundreds of dollars. its just shy of 400 pages and when I got it a few weeks back I believe it was under $30 on amazon. good investment I think everyone interested in being fit should have a copy. there is way to much information in it to absorb just borrowing it or reading it once.

        Comment


        • #5
          It's in PDF online if you have a kindle.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by upupandaway View Post
            My experience of trying the exercises on the Mobility Wod youtube channel leads me to believe that Kelly Starrett is some kind of witch and I wish to learn more of his spells.
            He turned me into a newt.
            The Champagne of Beards

            Comment


            • #7
              I have the book (amazon for ~$35). It is well done. I have not gone deep enough into the various releases, etc. But have plowed through the first half. Very informative. I decided to buy it to have as a long term reference on my bookshelf. WO someday in the future, I have a weird shoulder tweak. What additional body work should focus on? (lest I get turned into a newt). I am not disappointed. The book should serve its reference purpose well.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                He turned me into a newt.
                Did you get better?
                __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                Eureka5280: M / 38 / 235lbs / Goal: 180lbs

                Diet: Currently experimenting with higher carb (Peat-esque) primal with emphasis on beef, dairy, seafood, sugar and a bit of starch on lifting days.

                Activities: Started Stronglifts 5x5 on 3/1/14. Adding sprints and hikes soon.
                End of Year Working Set Goals: Squats-250, Bench-200, DL-315

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                  He turned me into a newt.

                  Mate, so envious. What an upgrade!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Glad most Americans agree with me

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
                      What additional body work should focus on? (lest I get turned into a newt).
                      Cloaca and tail.
                      The Champagne of Beards

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Supple Leopard has been on my wishlist for a while, but I've got other stuff to finish first. For those who have it, what does it mainly consist of and how is it organized? I'm picturing something like different chapters, each focused on a different joint (shoulder, hip, etc), and then a list of mobility exercises and stretches to keep that joint healthy. Is that basically the outline? Is there more to it than that?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          Cloaca and tail.
                          Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ciep View Post
                            Supple Leopard has been on my wishlist for a while, but I've got other stuff to finish first. For those who have it, what does it mainly consist of and how is it organized? I'm picturing something like different chapters, each focused on a different joint (shoulder, hip, etc), and then a list of mobility exercises and stretches to keep that joint healthy. Is that basically the outline? Is there more to it than that?
                            The latter part of the book is as you describe. The first portion actually covers how to brace properly in great detail. The next section actually gives instructions on how to perform exercises (back squat, deadlift, pullup, etc.). Then it gets to the area-specific mobilization techniques.

                            I agree that it is an amazing book that anyone interested in fitness needs to get. I wish it had been written (and that I had read it) before I started weight training.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              Cloaca and tail.
                              Umm, I think I will pass on the cloaca flossing...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X