Get Off That F*#@ing Scale!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Off That F*#@ing Scale!

I have to keep telling myself to get off that f*#@ing scale.

I need to keep myself to weighing myself only once every two weeks... or even once a week.

Right now I do it too often and sometimes get miffed my no movement...but then I look back and remember what I weighed a month ago and see that there IS movement.

Does anyone else have problems staying off the scale?
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

I weigh myself waaaay too much. However, if I don't - I forget about my goal and end up eating far too much. I've lost 46-7ish now, so I guess it's working .

Comment

Yes!! I have trouble limiting my weigh-ins to "only" once a day. And I'm never happy with the numbers. I've been following PB since the beginning of March (same as you!), but I've only lost 10 pounds. I know I should be happy with the results, and this is a health and lifestyle thing, but the weight loss DOES matter to me. I'll enjoy the health benefits after I lose the weight!

Comment

If you're going to weigh yourself everyday, you could use it as a tool. Make a graph online, that way you can see how different foods have affected your losses. If you can handle daily-weighing I don't see a problem with it. Just take the emotion out of it, keep doing what you're doing!!!!!!
        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comment

despite preaching to everyone and their mom to get off the damn scale, yeah, i am guilty of it myself. i just depressed myself tonight, actually, because i am awesome like that. i'm going to go stick the scale in the garage.
          sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

I weigh myself once a week at the gym. I know the weeks I don't lose weight it is because of the muscle gain.

Comment

I weigh myself once a day or so. But the only one that counts is the official once a week weigh in. I track my progress on a graph because I'm metrics driven like that. I also measure BF and inches. I don't get hung up on the numbers though. If I did I'd probably cut back to every-other-week weighings.

Comment

I have stopped with the scale. I only use my belt now. I have a belt that I started with on the last hole I'm on the 8th hole now. I do still have a lot of my old pants that are way to big they just get the belt. Scale would drive me nuts.

Comment

sledgehammer to the scale...best decision i ever made
                  Get on my Level
                  http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

I weigh in maybe 2ce a week. My real gage is an old belt from HS. Freshman year of HS I punched a hole. I figure, being 25 now, if I can get to the last original hole or (even better) the hole I made, I'm doing something right... I'm down from the 2nd hole to the last original hole.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

When I started, I weighted myself every day first thing when I woke up and in my skin (I'm a graph nerd), but the numbers would fluctuate 1kg up and down that I had to give it up. I jump on when curious, but I don't give it much thought anymore.

That, and with my size I'll never be the 80 to 90 kilos that are supposed to be my "optimal" (yeah right!) weight.

So if the scale is something you obsess about then follow Mal's advice. Buy a sledge hammer to do Tim's workouts, and baptize it by smashing your scale.
                      Once you learn that you create your own reality and that you are fully responsible for your life, you can begin to see the world as it is and then you realize the limitless possibilities.

Comment

I should have never bought a scale because I'm on it everyday. Fuck. Inevitably, I gain weight at some point during the week and that can ruin my entire day. In the end, I'll usually end up losing 3 pounds over the course of the week (~60 pounds in 4 months so far), but it's a roller coaster of up's and down's along the way. I hate the scale.
                        I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Comment

Originally posted by NicoB View Post
                          So if the scale is something you obsess about then follow Mal's advice. Buy a sledge hammer to do Tim's workouts, and baptize it by smashing your scale.
                          haha, I love it.
                          I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Comment

No scale in my house.

I used to weigh myself every time i went to the bathroom. Yikes!! But my weight can go up 5 pounds with water weight during certain times of the month and vary 3-4 pounds during the day. Talk about making one schizo!!

Not to mention that as I do more body work my body is gaining muscle and so changes aren't measurable on the scale, or may even appear as a backslide? Meh on that.

So, now I only weigh at the doctor's office (same scale, so that helps). Once every 6-8 weeks or so? I may change eventually when I gain a bit more composure about it, but at the moment the scale only serves to escalate my OCD to a point where I'm so emotionally invested in each weigh in I can't see straight.

I can do without.
                            sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

I have been having weekly weigh ins at work for over a year. I had some reward points and decided to buy some scales which also measure body fat. well I'm always on the bloody things. fascinating. These scales seem to weigh about 1kg lighter than the ones at work. I take the work weigh in as my offical weight but enjoy hopping on the scales at home to see if there are any changes. I take it with a grain of salt. Not seeing a huge change in body fat unfortunately but it has dropped by 1% since I first started so i suppose that is something.

Comment

Working...
                              X