Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strictly kettlebell workout..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Strictly kettlebell workout..

    I was wondering if anybody has had success with strictly kettlebell workouts...With wight loss..

  • #2
    Lots of folks over at the Dragon Door forums have used KBs primarily. I don't think I've noticed anyone who said they used only KBs (which is how I understand your "strictly kettlebell").

    Comment


    • #3
      I bought them and a few online videos from amazon but I haven't done them yet.
      "I came to live out loud!" -Emile Zola

      Comment


      • #4
        I generally only use kettle bells when I work out. You can get a lot done with a few different sizes.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have a couple friends that had success using the kettle balls and they encouraged me to try them as well. Personally, I love doing a wide range of workouts and feel that I would get tired from using the same weight over and over again. But, my friends get creative and have had a great time doing it. Best of all, they do not pay a gym membership fee because they do it in their living room. To each his own, you know?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lmoya83 View Post
            I was wondering if anybody has had success with strictly kettlebell workouts...With wight loss..
            Please define "success".
            I am using kettlebell but not primarily.
            Regarding weight loss, I don't think the choice of the tool is important.

            Comment


            • #7
              Buy success I meant weight loss muscle gains..

              Comment


              • #8
                I was following the "enter the kettlebell" program. It worked, I got a bit stronger. My musclular endurance was great!!! Weightless is mainly diet, and I didn't see much weight loss.

                I went from 35->50->70 lb kettlebells as soon as I could. I injured my shoulder on the 70 over the course of a month. I should have recognized the signs, but alas, I wanted to get stronger faster. I had to supplement with pull-ups or my shoulders started to hurt a lot.

                Overall, using just kettlebells, I found that I was only stronger in the motions that the kettlebells worked. My push-ups still sucked, and pull-ups only got better because I had to to keep my muscles balanced. KB swings are awesome for muscular endurance! They should be part of your routine, but not your whole routine.
                Prodistat
                Poke it quickly, with a stick.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lmoya83 View Post
                  Buy success I meant weight loss muscle gains..
                  Weight loss is primarily on diet and any type of exercises can be helpful if done well.
                  Muscle gain (or strength gain) always depends on what is your current status.
                  As far as I know, kettlebell is more conditioning tool, barbell is more strength tool.
                  Of course kettlebells can be equally effective strength tool for beginner but as level goes up barbell becomes more effective.
                  If you can access only kettlebells, I think combining it with bodyweight training can be more effective than using strictly kettlebells only.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vincebae View Post
                    Weight loss is primarily on diet and any type of exercises can be helpful if done well.
                    Muscle gain (or strength gain) always depends on what is your current status.
                    As far as I know, kettlebell is more conditioning tool, barbell is more strength tool.
                    Of course kettlebells can be equally effective strength tool for beginner but as level goes up barbell becomes more effective.
                    If you can access only kettlebells, I think combining it with bodyweight training can be more effective than using strictly kettlebells only.
                    Thanks bud I have been doing a kettlebell DVD...I got from onnit.comImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372615579.836610.jpg

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi,

                      I have been using basically Kettlebells and body weight exercises for the last 18 months and have lost 15kgs, but most of that weight lose has been diet. Strength and conditioning has increased. Kettlebells are more than just the swing, plenty of good functional strength workouts and conditioning can be obtained for a pair of KBs and a pull up bar and a bit of floor space. Combined with swimming, biking, BW exercise and the odd sprint they could be all you need to do.

                      I have recently joined a gym and working on a basic 5x5 lifting program and enjoying the challenge of learning the Olympic bar, I still use KB as a warm up or finisher and the swing is great for hamstring and posterior chain work.

                      Hope that helps. Cheers
                      "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fat belly frog View Post
                        Hi,

                        I have been using basically Kettlebells and body weight exercises for the last 18 months and have lost 15kgs, but most of that weight lose has been diet. Strength and conditioning has increased. Kettlebells are more than just the swing, plenty of good functional strength workouts and conditioning can be obtained for a pair of KBs and a pull up bar and a bit of floor space. Combined with swimming, biking, BW exercise and the odd sprint they could be all you need to do.

                        I have recently joined a gym and working on a basic 5x5 lifting program and enjoying the challenge of learning the Olympic bar, I still use KB as a warm up or finisher and the swing is great for hamstring and posterior chain work.

                        Hope that helps. Cheers
                        Thank you very much ya I love the kettlebell workouts i got a DVD called Extreme kettlebell workout and that's what I have been doing... Plus some body weight workouts my goal is to lose about 15 kg... Thanks

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You can absolutely lose weight through kettlebell exercises, they increase your energy expenditure ridiculously, especially if you can master the ballistic exercises (the snatch burns about 20 calories per minute).

                          Even if that was the only change you made to your life, not changing your nutrition or any other activities, just adding a good kettlebell complex a few times a week is certainly enough to see results. Kettlebell workouts were the first thing I started with, before I picked up any other activities or changed my eating at all. Personally, I saw great results from just that alone, of the 60 or so lbs I've lost so far, I'd say at least the first 20 came off during the "kettlebells only" phase, before I even started thinking about my eating. It's definitely possible, though of course everyone is different.

                          Sure, it's not quite optimal to do only one thing by itself to the exclusion of other things, but as far as any single component of health/weight loss goes, I'd have to say that for me personally, kettlebell work was probably the single best thing I did for myself, if only because it was such a great kick start, and the progress I saw with that was enough to convince to really pursue other healthy things, both nutrition and activity wise.

                          Is that your Alpha Brain or is it just a stock picture? They're not bad, though I'd recommend taking them on a relatively empty stomach, the effects are a hell of a lot more pronounced, I feel like I wasted the first half of my bottle taking them with food, I barely noticed anything.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My wife has lost 35 pounds in 3 months using strictly kettle bells 3-4 times a week with the programs I designed for her. So yes you can loose weight (and get stronger) using strictly kettle bells.

                            If you use strictly kettle bells are you going to be able to get to a 225lbs bench press? No... But as a supplemental tool they will help you get there by strengthening the supportive musculature of the press.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              What was the program you designed for her? If you don't mind me asking

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X