HIIT Training and heart rate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIIT Training and heart rate

So I did an intense 30 min HIIT workout today and I'm wondering if my max heart rate was too high - at 206? I did 30 seconds "all out" followed by 90 seconds rest. My resting heart rate was normally around 165-177. I'm a 32 year old woman, 4'10 and 110 lbs if that matters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Hopefully you typoed. A resting heart rate of 165-177 is a serious issue. 60-90 or so is normal.

Comment

Pretty sure she meant her slow phase.

That peak heart rate was pretty high.

Comment

When I was speedskating, my heart monitor would get up to 220BPM at maximum effort.

Comment

I am assuming you typoed about the resting rate...

That said, an all out of 205 bpm is not anything to be worried about, although I would caution against doing to very often. Most of your heart rate is genetics dealing with the dimensions of your heart cavities. You will notice it going down at rest the more fit you get, but even this is not a direct relationship.
          "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

Oops sorry.. .I meant my resting phase or slow phase was 165-177.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

No problems. HIIT it up!

Comment

206 bpm may be no problem at all, if you're not feeling dizzy, excessively out of breath, etc. Might just be the Bainbridge Effect in action. Essentially, your muscles' venous blood flow driving your heart rate, not vice versa. I first read about it on drmirkin.com a long time ago. Go there and type "bainbridge" into the little Google search line on the home page and all the links to articles that mention it will be displayed. That's what I just now did.

Comment

Working...
                X