No announcement yet.

Bench Press Foot Position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assumed (wrongly I see) that maybe she thought I was putting my legs over the end instead of off to the sides. It's way too long to do that and still reach the bar, at my height anyway.

I don't post pics online :-)
    I will just keep using the plates since its not a problem. They are those 30+ lb ones.

Thank you

Comment

Maybe you've got a hip flexibility problem. If the bench is not a normal height I'd replace it.

Comment

Would you know off hand what is normal?

Comment

I've been in lots of gyms for lots of years, and I've sure never seen anyone unable to put their feet on the ground. This seems...weird.

Comment

I grew up around weights, dad and all brothers lift. This is the first time I've had this problem. (not that I lifted before now, but I would pretend as a child) I don't know. The measurement from floor to top if the bench is 19 1/2 inches. Normal?

Comment

The bench I use is 17" from floor to top of the padded part.

Comment

So it's too tall... That stinks

Comment

I got mine from Amazon last year, and I think it's the same one that RichMahogany has. Use the plates.

Comment

I'm short, too short to flat foot the ground on our bench. Instead, I maneuver to where I can flat foot onto the bench's U- shaped front foot (under where you attach the preacher's pad.) Would that work for you? The plates are fine, just trying to save you a step.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                      I'm short, too short to flat foot the ground on our bench. Instead, I maneuver to where I can flat foot onto the bench's U- shaped front foot (under where you attach the preacher's pad.) Would that work for you? The plates are fine, just trying to save you a step.
                      Her bench probably doesn't have that.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                        Her bench probably doesn't have that.
                        I wasn't sure, which is why I offered it as an alternative.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

Would that be a pad for doing curls? I have that.

Comment

I will try that

Comment

Originally posted by umm7 View Post
                              I will try that
                              Probably too narrow for proper foot positioning anyway, but give it a shot. If that doesn't work, keep using the plates on the floor. Remember, butt stays on the bench, but visualize "squatting the weight up" (I think that's Wendler's phrase)
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

There are two pads there, for leg presses I guess. Im not tall enough to do that with safety. Thanks for the idea though. I have been leaving the plates there, too big to lift off the rack and to the floor every time I want to lift anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X