X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do you spend in the gym?

25 minutes tops for me.

No messing about.

then 25 minutes in the pool area. My favourite part of the week.
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Half hour to 45 minutes

15 minutes actually lifting.

Then either 15 minutes or 30 alternating steam room and sauna.

Comment

My last program was taking me 1.75-2.25 hours each session twice a week. And I wasn't getting the results I wanted.

I'm currently spending 60-90 minutes now, including warmups, 3x per week.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        My last program was taking me 1.75-2.25 hours each session twice a week. And I wasn't getting the results I wanted.

I'm currently spending 60-90 minutes now, including warmups, 3x per week.

But you don't spend anytime at all "in the gym"

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          But you don't spend anytime at all "in the gym"
          Yes, true. I should have said I spend the above amounts of time in my chalk dust-coated condominium loft of iron.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Around two hours, Rest time between sets getting shorter and shorter throughout the workout, racing against the clock, between 60 and 80 sets per workout, and no fuckaroundis what so ever...
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              Yes, true. I should have said I spend the above amounts of time in my chalk dust-coated condominium loft of iron.
              ^^Straight.
              Earning points over here too.

45-90 mins for me. Upper body usually 45 mins. Leg day closer to 90. Love to work the glutes.

Comment

I have a home gym but that still counts right? Y'all are kind of making me jealous with all the talk of saunas and pools though! I spent 40-60 min 1-3 times a week. Just depends how I feel sore wise and how busy I am. I found 1x a week and I still kept progressing so that's all I "have" to do. I really like lifting though so if I feel good and have the time I often do more
                "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Comment

45-60 minutes three days per week. That usually includes 10 minutes or so of warmup/mobility stuff, then hitting the weights like a dragon straight out of nightmares.

Comment

On lifting days, it's 2 hours including change/shower time, stretching, sauna, etc. Lifting time specifically is probably an hour including accessory work.

Running days varies. Training for a 10 mile race, so some days it's a short easy run of 25-30 minutes, others it's over an hour, and then there's stretching and accessory work sometimes.

Comment

I have a home gym too. I spend a few minutes here and there.

Comment

Lifting routine is about 50 to 70 min, including warm-up and stretch/foam roll. If I have time, I drop to the steam room after or do 30 min of cardio. Cardio workouts are ~ 30-40 min with w/u cool-down. Hapki-do class is 90 min (the longest session I now put in).
                        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I fuck around a lot when I go to the globo gym and could spend 3-4 hours there at a time, obviously not the entire time is spent working out (hence the fucking around). Another reason why I love crossfit. The class environment forces me to not fuck around.

My journal

Comment

I think that depends a lot on what is considered "the gym".

Heavy lifting = 2 sessions per 8 days, about 30-40 min tops
                            Crossfit, whole body, olympic barbells = 2 session per 8 days, 30 min
                            Hiking, farming, chopping wood, chasing down animals = half my waking hours

Wow, just realized that means that in a month I spend only 8 hours in the gym!! I want a medal!!!
                            "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

I lift at home three times per week. It usually takes 45-60 minutes.
                              In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Working...
                              X