Doing a Flip at 30+?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing a Flip at 30+?

I've been doing YAYOG for a while now and want to meet my goal of being able to do pull-ups. It made me think of other fitness goals that fell by the wayside over the years.

When I was 4 years old I took a gymnastics class. I didn't get to continue very long but the flexibility picked up there stayed with me through the years. One thing from that experience I really want to be able to do is a front flip.

What can I do at home to ramp up to that ability? I'm not able to take a class now but am open to it in the near future.

A standing back flip is easier, frankly. Plus, I've written a tutorial on how to do one and haven't written one for a front flip, so...

I'm 30+ and do flips all the time.

Comment

You could check out Gold Medal Bodies. They have gymnastics programs for real people.

Comment

I partly wish I hadn't read this. I'm now thinking I need to learn how to do a back flip. I'm 34.
        Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

I'm 29, and I feel I need to learn how to do this as well :P

Comment

Well then, let's all go for it!

Gold Medal Bodies looks great. Hope to try it out soon!

Comment

Originally posted by ayumi View Post
              Well then, let's all go for it!

Gold Medal Bodies looks great. Hope to try it out soon!
              I guess if people want a front flip guide I can write one of those, too.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                I guess if people want a front flip guide I can write one of those, too.
                Please. I also now feel the need to do one!
                be the hair that knots with my hair
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Agreed back flip would be easier. I can do a front handspring and a kip up at soon to be 35. Back flip I still only do on soft surface or on trampoline. From a stand still with very little bounce that is.

Comment

Yes! And somersaults too?

Comment

Uh oh, I feel a Burt Lancaster film session coming on ...

Yup, always wanted to be able to tumble but the closest I ever got was springboard diving. This thread has got me thinking ...
                      Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Comment

Ooh! I'm following this thread! My goal this year is also to do a pull-up, but I have also found myself more and more interested in acrobatics and more specifically aerial arts, and am starting to work on these. As a 30+ also myself, I realize I will never be in the elite, but I'm gonna try my best to fly, and be lithe like monkeys
                        Good luck to OP!!

Comment

I'm 45 and would enjoy backflips as well as being able to walk on my hands. Never too late to learn!!! I'm doing YAYOG too amongst other things, it's a nice program

Comment

If your kids have a trampoline (or your looking for an excuse to get one.... just blame the kids).... great way to train for this stuff IMO. I have a blast with my boys doing stupid stuff on that thing.

Comment

This is interesting, but there's no way I could locate coaching and equipment locally.

Comment

Working...
                              X