No announcement yet.

Bigger Arms Contest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I measured them just shy of 36cm today (14.1 inches), but that was just after a workout with pump, so doesn't really count. But they're definitely bigger than at first.

Here's a picture from today, it's fairly easy to see the difference from the last one I think:

Comment

Originally posted by Ghshl View Post
      I measured them just shy of 36cm today (14.1 inches), but that was just after a workout with pump, so doesn't really count. But they're definitely bigger than at first.

Here's a picture from today, it's fairly easy to see the difference from the last one I think:
      Lookin good man, forearms look pretty impressive as well !

Comment

Thanks man :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300

Comment

Hmmm. I need to do something for "da gunz" I think. That being said I've only been doing SS six weeks, so maybe it's best not to add anything to the program yet?

Granted I have high body fat, but I already have kind of a "T-Rex" build... Very big thighs (26") and small arms (13"). Kind of wondering if all these squat-centric workouts will only tend to exaggerate it. Not saying I'll stop (having too much fun so far) but just wondering...

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFatHobbit View Post
            Hmmm. I need to do something for "da gunz" I think. That being said I've only been doing SS six weeks, so maybe it's best not to add anything to the program yet?

Granted I have high body fat, but I already have kind of a "T-Rex" build... Very big thighs (26") and small arms (13"). Kind of wondering if all these squat-centric workouts will only tend to exaggerate it. Not saying I'll stop (having too much fun so far) but just wondering...
            Don't worry about it for now. Your legs may get skinnier before they get bigger. But squatting will cause systemic growth. Your triceps are getting plenty of work from press and bench. Barbell curls can be added later. Much later.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Chin-ups. Do them now. Yes, 6 weeks into SS.

Comment

I do them (assisted pull-ups) but I do 3 sets of 5 and then increase weight next workout. Maybe I should do an increased # of reps on those?

Comment

I do them (assisted pull-ups) but I do 3 sets of 5 and then increase weight next workout. Maybe I should do an increased # of reps on those?
                  Three sets of five reps is just fine. However, for the purposes of guns, do chin-ups (palms of your hand facing you, i.e. more bicep recruitment) instead of pull-ups. Increasing the weight is good too.

Comment

OK Thanks. The main reason I haven't done chin ups is that the pull-up / chin up machine at my gym has the hand grips canted at a slightly downward angle. This makes positioning palms towards the face very uncomfortable. There is an alternate grip at 90 degrees though (held like a hammer curl, thumbs toward face). Would that be better for biceps?

Comment

OK Thanks. The main reason I haven't done chin ups is that the pull-up / chin up machine at my gym has the hand grips canted at a slightly downward angle. This makes positioning palms towards the face very uncomfortable. There is an alternate grip at 90 degrees though (held like a hammer curl, thumbs toward face). Would that be better for biceps?
                      Do you have a Smith machine, or a flat bar at your gym? If so, you can get some rubber bands for assistance, or do jumping chin-ups and/or negatives.

Comment

Yes there are flat bars (unassisted). I don't know if I'm even at 1RM = bodyweight yet, though (prob not, especially with all this eating...)

Comment

Yes there are flat bars (unassisted). I don't know if I'm even at 1RM = bodyweight yet, though (prob not, especially with all this eating...)
                          You can do jumping chin-ups. Then jumping chin-ups into negatives (lower yourself slowly). You'll get there.

By the way, can you do at least 10 push-ups?

Comment

Yes, but I think I may have done them wrong all my life. I always did them with elbows pointing out and only discovered recently that apparently you're supposed to have your elbows pointing back (towards feet), which makes them harder.

Comment

I also always did push-ups "elbows out" until somebody told me it was wrong. Glad to know I'm not the only one! These days I keep inching my hands lower and lower and put less weight on my feet so I'm raising most of my body weight with my arms alone. I actually find "elbows in" to be easier, like I can recruit my lats toward the bottom.
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Wow I find it way harder.

OK I just checked using a nearby roof truss... It turns out I can actually do 1 chin up and almost 1 pull-up (got up to about eye height then tired out). Maybe I would have been able to do the pull-up if I tried that first. Who knew!

Comment

Working...
                                X