No announcement yet.

Bigger Arms Contest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, just because of this thread I did my very first ever bicep isolation curls. I feel both silly and belonging at the same time.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
      Yeah, but most of the ladies here seem to be obsessed with thighs, haha.
      When pictures of arms start appearing, we will be good.

Comment

Mirin?

In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Here we go:

Comment

Still doing this! Been doing bench presses, isolation curls and my normal curls.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I'm following the 5/3/1 three month challenge so basically my upper body days are like this:

5/3/1 Military press
              5x10 benchpress
              5x10 chinups

or

5/3/1 bench press
              5x10 military press
              5x10 dumbbell rows

And both days end with barbell curls, triceps pushdowns and face pulls.

I've never done isolation work before, so it should have an effect, I hope. Am also eating more carbs on training days and trying to be in a caloric surplus.

Comment

I've been doing bench press, overhead press, dips, and chinups once each week and throwing in curls and lying triceps extensions when I have time. I'm up about .25", last time I checked.
                In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Here is a tip for ya, most bicep exercises suck because you lose tension towards the top of the movement, if you attach a resistance band to the bar and trap it with your feet it helps maintain tension at the top. This was me doing them a while back:

Comment

Welp, nada here. Arms now 14.25 and 14.50 inches... I'm shrinking! The wife is measuring, so IDK...
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

The title of this thread should have been "The Great Arms Race"...
                      Last edited by turquoisepassion; 09-05-2013, 11:15 PM.
                      ------
                      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                        Bwahahaha
                        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                          Bwahahaha
                          I had to.
                          ------
                          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

My arms appear visually bigger to me, but I couldn't find my flexible ruler. When I do I'll let you know :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300

Comment

Wish I'd taken these measurements a year or more ago. Pretty sure my quick growth phase is well past. Might consider monitoring anyhow though. I like these contest threads! Keep em up.

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                                I see what you did there .

Last time I checked, I'm up about .5". That's mostly from doing weighted dips.

Comment

Working...
                                X