Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of looking like a Granny when I work out

Time for a superficial question!

Before Primal I only did yoga, which requires no sporting footwear. The only trainers I have are disgusting white cast-aways from my Mum.

Is anyone into fitness and also into fashion? What sporting footwear do you use and where do you get it?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I live in my FiveFingers.

Comment

There's really no diplomatic way of saying this...

Any suggestions except Vibrams please!
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

The Merrell Trail Gloves are awesome barefoot shoes that look like normal shoes. Super comfortable.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

Nike have just done some Liberty print trainers, if that's your thing. I just go to my local branch of Sports Direct, try a bunch on, bounce around and buy the most comfortable.

Comment

There's really no diplomatic way of saying this...

Any suggestions except Vibrams please!
            LMAO i hate them too. i do have an old pair i have had for years but i use them for diving in the ocean. since i already have a wet suit on and a snorkel and already look like the woman from atlantis, i can deal with it. i have a pair of vivo barefoots like this Neo Trail Ladies - Off Road - Ladies but different colours. i also had a pair of new balance minimuses which i loved but the sides where my little toe sits wore out in a week in the pair i got and the replacement pair they gave me. i went for the trail runners as i walk alot off road. i wear them to the gym as well.

Comment

Just buy some flat bottoms, like plimsolls, I like the Adidas slvr line. Anything would look better than vibrams for sure.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

I wear Merrell pace gloves or Nike Frees.

Comment

You could just go barefoot...what better fashion than that.

Comment

Originally posted by rockrunner View Post
                    You could just go barefoot...what better fashion than that.
                    I'm a feet guy too, but no, they must preserve the smooth delicacy of the feet.

My feet are bony and hairy too, no fashion in that.
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

I went to the thrift store and found a nice pair of cotton/lycra workout pants that don't look awful. I bought a t-shirt that says "Bacon is Meat Candy". I wear some sneakers -- NB Minimus 730s to be exact but who cares -- with low socks. My pants go to mid-calf and my socks are low so you can see my awesome tattoos. I bring my old lady drugstore reading glasses, my notebook and pencil and I'm all set.
                      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                        The Merrell Trail Gloves are awesome barefoot shoes that look like normal shoes. Super comfortable.
                        They're actually pretty nice! Found a pair in plain black. Could be the best contender - cheers!

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                        Just buy some flat bottoms, like plimsolls, I like the Adidas slvr line. Anything would look better than vibrams for sure.
                        I wear flat bottoms all the time, day-to-day. Love them, but they don't have much support for running etc.

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                        I went to the thrift store and found a nice pair of cotton/lycra workout pants that don't look awful. I bought a t-shirt that says "Bacon is Meat Candy". I wear some sneakers -- NB Minimus 730s to be exact but who cares -- with low socks. My pants go to mid-calf and my socks are low so you can see my awesome tattoos. I bring my old lady drugstore reading glasses, my notebook and pencil and I'm all set.
                        This deserves a thread of it's own...

- Ray Peat

Comment

Nothing exciting or unique here. Just grey "jeggings" and matching Under armour sports bra with (sometimes) hot pink fitted t-shirt over it.
                          Just got a new pair of Nike running shoes in... you guessed it grey and pink, LoL!!

Comment

I found some nice tank tops at Kohls by Tek Gear. Kohls is not a bad place to get exercise gear, especially off season clearance. Found some spandex capris on Amazon by Everlast for $6 each. Unfortunately the capris are no longer available, which is a bummer because I wanted another pair.

Comment

I usually get my workout clothes from victoria secret pink. I find their yoga pants and shorts more comfortable then just a sports bra from there as well. I used to get clothes from lululemon but they got pretty expensive and plus their pants are so thick that they make sweat like crazy.

Right now I just use my new balance runners when i weight train and then I have a pair of mizuno that I use only for running/sprinting. I plan to get the nike free once these two shoes are worn out.

Comment

Working...
                              X