Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Well, at least we entertain each other.

I don't know.... I just look around and well, women should look like women and men should look like men. And it seems like we are morphing to either very thin stick people OR blobs. It's just not sexy. Women should have some curves, men should have some muscles. Nice things to grab onto during hot sex, you know.
    I agree. What's with all the older women who get man haircuts and wear masculine clothing?

Comment

What's with all the older women who get man haircuts and wear masculine clothing?
      They are married to men who don't lift.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Well, at least we entertain each other.

I don't know.... I just look around and well, women should look like women and men should look like men. And it seems like we are morphing to either very thin stick people OR blobs. It's just not sexy. Women should have some curves, men should have some muscles. Nice things to grab onto during hot sex, you know.
        Aesthetically, I'm with you. I like T & A on my womens, even if it comes with a couple of extra pounds. And as a big, put not particularly trim, guy, I'm glad that some women are into it.

But.....I'm not into the whole "real" thing. "Real women have curves" is a reaction to the oppressiveness of skinny, and I get the reaction. But sometimes women are just skinny and ass-challenged. I'm not into it, but that doesn't make them any less real.

Comment

But sometimes women are just skinny and ass-challenged. I'm not into it, but that doesn't make them any less real.
          Yeah, there are and the ones who are like that naturally are pretty in a willowy way. But too many women try and starve their nice ass off.

I guess it comes down to different strokes for different folks.

Comment

They are married to men who don't lift.
            Bahahahaaa!!

Comment

Yeah, there are and the ones who are like that naturally are pretty in a willowy way. But too many women try and starve their nice ass off.
              Be More, Not Less
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I would like my 62 year old boyfriend to lift weights not so that he'll have bigger muscles or be more attractive. I'm just sick of him complaining about all his aches and pains and just resigning to a life of a little bit less mobility and strength year by year. He's just one of those people who think it's inevitable that when you are old that you hurt, can't move and have to take a lot of pills. I can't seem to convince him otherwise.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I'd like my husband to lift to reduce some of his belly fat, as his occasional (very occasional) cardio obviously does nothing and he won't eat less.

Plus, I selfishly want to train together, at home or in the gym, doesn't matter.
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                  When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Hmm, a thread about men not lifting has turned to a dude posting a picture of himself shirtless to show off his abs, and a bunch of talk about penis size. Maybe there's a connection between these things...

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                      I'd like my husband to lift to reduce some of his belly fat
                      I don't think this link is as strong as you think it is. I lift because I get some immediate benefits to the overall look of my body. But it doesn't move the tummy dial much. That's mostly about food and maybe a bunch of walking.

Comment

dude posting a picture of himself shirtless to show off his abs
                        That poster frequently has been asked by the women of MDA to show photos of himself shirtless.

Comment

this thread is hilarious.

first off, no man lifting properly with compound lifts of heavy to moderate intensity (not high rep type bodybuilder isolation workouts to fuel "fluid filled muscle hypertrophy") with a natural diet (not one complete with a cocktail of drugs / given genetic ability) is going to turn into what geeknik is describing. It takes YEARS of lifting.

Geeknik, frankly people like you piss me off. You think that by the mere act of picking up a weight a man will balloon into arnold? How shortsighted of you to discount the years of discipline, hard work, and mental restraint it takes to achieve elite strength goals.

And that is great your husband looks good. Could he save you from a burning building? Could he save another man? There is more to functional strength than just "looking lean". Your general attitude disgusts me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                            America is becoming a nation of sparkling-vampire, everyone gets a medal, skinny jeans-wearing, emo music-listening, whale-saving, Prius-driving, Axe-wearing sissies. Guys would rather talk about their feelings with the girls they're too chicken to ask out and play video games than get under weights that could crush them or learn to throw a proper punch.
                            What's worse, that, or the bodybuilders who lift only to "score" chicks? As in, their sole motivation is something as shameless as that. Nothing health related, as they typically don't follow a healthy diet(shitty oxidized protein powders and oatz), roiding, and spending way too much time working out.

Nothing like a shortened life span to fuck dumb whores, as that's about the only kinds of women interested in someone more obsessed with looking at their guns than having an actual personality.

I'm a sparkling vampire, skinny jeans wearing, emo music listening, whale saving, sissy. Except I don't drive a Prius, though it gets great gas mileage, and I don't think anyone over the age of 13 wears Axe. I'd rather bike ride, hike, sprint, and take scenic walks than pick shit up and put it down or hang out in the gym with a bunch of sweating bros staring at your junk and spouting out reddit memes 24/7.

We're all gonna make it brah. Do you even lift?

Oh, and in case the message is missed, I do not give a singular fuck what specific women are attracted to, those that want to change the way I'm most comfortable being(myself) can take a short walk off a very large cliff. Or, just not be interested in me. Which is to my benefit. Plenty of large men to go out and explicit you silly, and roll over you like a sweaty ape.

Men aren't supposed to be anything, and certainly not meant to please your very shallow palate.
                            Last edited by Derpamix; 05-29-2013, 03:04 PM.
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by dabears View Post
                              this thread is hilarious.

first off, no man lifting properly with compound lifts of heavy to moderate intensity (not high rep type bodybuilder isolation workouts to fuel "fluid filled muscle hypertrophy") with a natural diet (not one complete with a cocktail of drugs / given genetic ability) is going to turn into what geeknik is describing. It takes YEARS of lifting.

Geeknik, frankly people like you piss me off. You think that by the mere act of picking up a weight a man will balloon into arnold? How shortsighted of you to discount the years of discipline, hard work, and mental restraint it takes to achieve elite strength goals.

And that is great your husband looks good. Could he save you from a burning building? Could he save another man? There is more to functional strength than just "looking lean". Your general attitude disgusts me.
                              I think geeknik is more complaining about specific people's personal tastes, and the discredit of others, rather than whatever a person lifts. If someone is strong, good for them, but to say all people have to be like this because it turns me on is pretty annoying.

Do you even lift bro?
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                                What's worse, that, or the bodybuilders who lift only to "score" chicks? As in, their sole motivation is something as shameless as that. Nothing health related, as they typically don't follow a healthy diet(shitty oxidized protein powders and oatz), roiding, and spending way too much time working out.

Nothing like a shortened life span to fuck dumb whores, as that's about the only kinds of women interested in someone more obsessed with looking at their guns than having an actual personality.

I'm a sparkling vampire, skinny jeans wearing, emo music listening, whale saving, sissy. Except I don't drive a Prius, though it gets great gas mileage, and I don't think anyone over the age of 13 wears Axe. I'd rather bike ride, hike, sprint, and take scenic walks than pick shit up and put it down or hang out in the gym with a bunch of sweating bros staring at your junk and spouting out reddit memes 24/7.

We're all gonna make it brah. Do you even lift?

Oh, and in case the message is missed, I do not give a singular fuck what specific women are attracted to, those that want to change the way I'm most comfortable being(myself) can take a short walk off a very large cliff. Men aren't supposed to be anything, and certainly not meant to please your very shallow palate.
                                So your argument is that being a useful douchebag is somehow worse than being a useless one?

Training purely for aesthetic reasons is certainly worthy of ridicule. But nobody's talking about that here. It's a complete straw man.

Weakness is not a virtue. Its not useful. Being a man has always meant being capable. Being capable is always more attractive to a physiologically and psychologically normal woman than being incapable.

If you want to prove some point by not making any efforts to be attractive, why not maim yourself or have plastic surgery to deform your face? Then you can read some Sylvia Plath and cry yourself to sleep, content in your own self-righteousness.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X