X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Speaking of nice snatches, I submit the following:
    Mikhail Koklyaev snatch 419 lb /
    beautiful snatch. and shirtless. just the way I like it. lol...

Comment

Speaking of nice snatches, I submit the following:
      Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
      beautiful snatch. and shirtless. just the way I like it. lol...
      Wow guys.
      I really like the turn this thread is taking!
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
        Wow guys.
        cori, you're always up to no good. that must be why I like you.

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
          cori, you're always up to no good. that must be why I like you.
          It's my professional opinion that this forum needs about 100% more levity resulting from 'no good', and an equal amount less fruitless bickering.

It's a burden I must bear!
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

It's my professional opinion that this forum needs about 100% more levity resulting from 'no good', and an equal amount less fruitless bickering.

It's a burden I must bear!
            well if you can figure out how to have an internet forum with more levity and less fruitless bickering, i'll be the first to sign up.

as for now, keep up the good work. you truly are the MDA sisyphus

Comment

It's my professional opinion that this forum needs about 100% more levity resulting from 'no good'
              Now this is an opinion I can get behind.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Now this is an opinion I can get behind.
                It was a beautiful snatch wasn't it...
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Sorry I offended folks so that they needed to launch into that "you are beautiful, you just have to believe" nonsense.

Enough people told me throughout my entire life that I was ugly that I had no other choice but to believe it. Oh, sure a few times I lashed out with "If you think I'm so ugly don't look at me!" But that didn't take away the sting. And my being ugly had nothing to do with how much I weighed. I did take pride in the few things I had that were beautiful: my hair, my teeth once they were straightened (they're not straight anymore, though), my feet (I think Hobbit feet are the best feet.)

And who were these people? Parents, grandparents, siblings, neighbors, adults/children at school, pretty much everybody. If that many unrelated people can enumerate all the same exact ugly parts of you, even when you are walking around feeling pretty darn good that day and they still tell you, there must be some truth to it. I don't worry about it much anymore. It is what it is, I am what I am. I still am surprised when people tell me I'm beautiful, but then I have heard that people fall in love with others who resemble people they loved as children. Even ugly people are loved. Nowadays, I think having been ugly makes me a more interesting person.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Wow guys.
                    Finally this thread got cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik W View Post
                      This is what is called a feel-good idea, so naturally some people like it.
                      You completely misunderstood the context of my post. Where did I advocate for "fat acceptance?" This new trend of "fat acceptance" is irresponsible and unhealthy. If you are severely overweight, you should want to change yourself. You should not want to maintain that. It is extremely unhealthy and it not only makes you appear to others that you have little self-respect for yourself, but it sets a terrible example for any children that look up to you. However, there is a difference between wanting to improve yourself and hating yourself. You should want to lose weight, get into shape and look your best because you love yourself and it's what you believe you deserve, not because you hate yourself every time you look in the mirror. Whether you are 8% body fat or 38% body fat, you should be thankful for your body and your life. The goal should be to improve yourself for the right reasons. Self-hatred is why many people explore radical surgeries and starvation dieting to lose weight. Instead, they should be doing it out of self-respect.

Originally posted by Erik W View Post
                      The reality is that feelings are not some mysterious "intangible" thing, they are biological and exist for a reason, and what we are attracted to is universal, because we all live with the same laws of nature.
                      Your completely incorrect analysis of my post is because you took an emotional stance rather than a logical stance. That alone discounts your argument.

Originally posted by Erik W View Post
                      Those laws determine what works and what doesn't.
                      No. There are men out there that like 400 lb women. There are men out there that are attracted to 9 year olds. There are men out there that get turned on at the idea of rape, murder and carnage. Babies get molested daily by adults, for God's sake. These things do not further the human race, they set it back. We have not "evolved" past them and we probably never will. Not everything can be explained. Some things are just messed up. You cannot explain emotions with words. You can do your best to try, but you will never be 100% right because you can't prove something that isn't physical with something physical.
                      Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 06-12-2013, 07:37 PM.
                      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• There are studies which show that "beauty" has a bit of "objectivity" to it - i.e. people across culture, races seem to pick common features.

I have seen kids, girls and boys, men and women discriminated for being ugly at schools, homes, immigration queues, restaurants and offices. It has happened too often and too predictably to dismiss by citing rare counter-examples.
                        Few but ripe.

Comment

• Of course there is some objectivity, thin people vs thick people, muscle vs no muscle. Certain traits are obviously more desirable but the various "nose" sizes and other sh*$ like that comes across and ridiculous.
                          I guess nice silky smooth hair is more attractive then rough broken hair, regardless of colour or length, but I'm totally not into blonde people, just like I'm not into darker skinned people. It's just how I've always been.

Comment

Methinks you never got a good basic introduction to Natural Selection. I recommend The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
                            I haven't read that book, but Dawkins has said that he wouldn't want to live in a society based on ruthless Darwinian principles, where the rich trample the poor. What do you think about that?

I actually don't think it would necessarily have to be that bad. On NationStates, I created a nation where people enjoy awesome personal freedom with a vibrant economy and just 3% income tax. The only arguable downside would be the complete absence of social welfare and execution of homeless people.
                            "Don't go in there, General, it's a trap! That's a grain chamber. It makes people like you into people like me."

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalHunter View Post
                              I haven't read that book, but Dawkins has said that he wouldn't want to live in a society based on ruthless Darwinian principles, where the rich trample the poor. What do you think about that?
                              I'd like to see the exact quote. Altruism is a biological reality, and not just for humans. It's a product of natural selection, and if you had read the book you would understand how altruism can actually have a positive influence on the ability of genes to replicate and survive. I remember seeing a quote where Dawkins had wished he had named the book "The Altruistic Gene" or something like that. I think you're misjudging a book by its cover.

Originally posted by PrimalHunter View Post
                              I actually don't think it would necessarily have to be that bad. On NationStates, I created a nation where people enjoy awesome personal freedom with a vibrant economy and just 3% income tax. The only arguable downside would be the complete absence of social welfare and execution of homeless people.
                              I don't know what NationStates is. This is a retarded idea.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                                You completely misunderstood the context of my post. Where did I advocate for "fat acceptance?" This new trend of "fat acceptance" is irresponsible and unhealthy. If you are severely overweight, you should want to change yourself. You should not want to maintain that. It is extremely unhealthy and it not only makes you appear to others that you have little self-respect for yourself, but it sets a terrible example for any children that look up to you. However, there is a difference between wanting to improve yourself and hating yourself. You should want to lose weight, get into shape and look your best because you love yourself and it's what you believe you deserve, not because you hate yourself every time you look in the mirror. Whether you are 8% body fat or 38% body fat, you should be thankful for your body and your life. The goal should be to improve yourself for the right reasons. Self-hatred is why many people explore radical surgeries and starvation dieting to lose weight. Instead, they should be doing it out of self-respect.
                                The idea that "fat acceptance" means morbidly obese people don't want to get healthy is utter bullshit. It means fat people should be able to buy attractive clothing no matter what size they are and be able to walk down the street without people yelling slurs at them. It means morbidly obese people should have the same job opportunity as anorexics.

"Wanting to change yourself" without having a means to do so is not a step toward fixing the problem. The fact is that most people are overweight and do not have an effective means to bring their weight under control. Neither medical science nor conventional wisdom has anything to offer them. They see crazy, obsessed people all over the place with bizarre-sounding ideas about how to lose weight easily. Like gurus pushing juice fasting, crash diets, or magic pills. And you know, this site is one of those places, and you seem to be a crazy person who has nothing to offer them but to tell them to try harder. More of the same.

If you cared, you might find a way to reach those people. But you really don't care about them. You care most about feeling morally superior.

The idea that if people can't change, at least they should keep desperately trying to do the same thing that doesn't work and hate themselves for failing is hardly a positive example for their kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X