No announcement yet.

SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying to figure out how to put a pull-up bar in my shed. Suggestions?

Comment

Do you carb up to maintain muscle mass

Comment

Nope. Over the past 2 years I have been gradually reducing carbs. Typically I eat 1-2 pieces of bread per week (although for the past month I have eaten none.) Pasta's gone too (as are potatoes and rice). Meat and veggies. Some fruit every day. Very limited legumes. Chocolate.

My photos make me look a bit burlier than I am, as they are taken immediately after my Day 1 workouts.

Comment

cheapo... do you do any exercises to hit your shoulders such as pike presses?

Comment

SimpleFit is my only workout.

Comment

Wow! Kudos on you progress, Cheapo! I've been looking for an uncomplicated workout routine & I think this qualifies. Thanks for posting!!

Comment

Remarkable accomplishment! I don't know how I could have missed this thread. Much respect, brother!!
                ZC - 100% Carnivore

I EAT VEGANS

Comment

Good stuff. I am canceling my gym membership and was curious about what bodyweight exercises I could do. I have all my old Army routines but those aren't exactly functional. Awesome post.
                  Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Comment

I started using the routine last week. I chose to start at level 5 because I thought it would challenge me, but would be "doable". It's been great so far!

I am thinking of modifying slightly based on my progress. I have a much easier time getting through the squat portion while the pullups are the ones slowing me down. I can get through them... just with much more effort and much slower. Besides that, it's really been cool. Short and sweet. Hits just about everything I need!

Comment

I tried it this morning and it was pretty good. I am going to tweak it a little for more of a challenge but it's simple, effective and not time consuming. I don't have to pay for a gym membership or even leave my humble aboad.
                      Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Comment

Feel free to tweak, but, for the most part, I don't think it is necessary.
                        Most people starting the program find that one of the exercises doesn't challenge them as much as the others, but, once one has levelled up a few times, one usually finds the whole workout quite strenuous.

BYW, there are intermediate and advanced workouts on the site as well.

Comment

I got off work early today, went home for lunch, but decided to work out instead. I didn't know what I was going to do, but then I remembered this thread! I decided to start at level 4 and do the endurance workout.

I ended up doing 25 rounds in 20 minutes, of 2 chins, 4 pushups, and 6 squats.

I felt like I was starting too easy after a few rounds, but I was pretty gassed by the 15-16 minute mark. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that, but what the hell, it'll give me more motivation to trounce those numbers in the coming weeks.

As time was winding down I planned on getting about 22-23 rounds, but I had a bit of an energy rush and hustled the last 2 sets to get 25 with a few seconds to spare. Man was I spent!

Awesome, simple little workout. 20 minutes is nothing, too. I can get as lazy as anyone at times, but it's pretty hard to say that you didn't have 20 friggin' minutes free at some point in the day. I think I'm going to keep this up along with the daily hikes for a while.

Thanks again for posting this, man!

Comment

So once you get to level 2 how does it change?

Comment

Also how long do you workouts usually last? My P90X workouts last FOREVER! Especially on days where ab ripper is applied to the workout. Do you ever do burpees?

Comment

Cheapo I went to the site I figured out the next levels. Do you use any other workouts besides simplefit?

Comment

Working...
                                X