No announcement yet.

SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found this thread and looked into the Simple Fit website. Its exactly what I was looking for, simple and progressive. I will try it for a couple of months to see how my body responds. Started yesterday at Day 1 Level 5 - 3 Strict full extension pullups, 5 pushups and 8 squats and did 27 sets in the required 20 minutes. Looking forward to seeing how days 2 & 3 feel.
    Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

• I think that makes an absolutely perfect travelling workout. Printing out the routine to take along. Simple, fast, no equipment.
      Last edited by Leida; 12-28-2012, 07:58 AM.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
        I think that makes an absolutely perfect travelling workout. Printing out the routine to take along. Simple, fast, no equipment.
        Absolutely ... Have a great trip to Cuba!
        Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

• I've started this today after doing Mark's Pullup, Pressup, Squats and Plank exercises all last year. I like that this one has variety over the weeks. A slow start - but I'll get there!

Comment

• Did Level 1 - Day 1 tonight. I'm 6'4 - 220ish and managed 16 rounds.

I did the pull ups with 1 leg on a stool (I did let my foot go and had full body weight on the way down).
            Did all pushups normal and all squats normal.

We all have to start somewhere, right? I'll keep my progress posted after a few weeks.

Comment

• Thanks cori93437 for suggesting this thread to me. Awesome! I will start with the entry level in a few hours I want to have a nice a smooth tone and this looks good and simple.
              Roxy -- 41/4'10/102 F -- Yes, I'm a Computer Nerd and a Flamenco & Bellydancer!
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74655-2.html
              Free Water Coach helps keep my water daily goal in check!
              http://facebook.com/roxyraqs (fun)

Comment

• Hey

How is everyone getting on with this?

I moved away from it one stage to pursue some other goals (that wouldnt overlap). I have recently spent a couple of weeks pottering because I sustained a Coracoid Process injury (part of the shoulder from which tendons/ligaments attach to everything in the area) as well as a niggle to the Brachial Process (runs from shoulder to thumb - which was why I was feeling some tightness in my forearm).

This means I cant do pressups with elbows flared outwards without discomfort in my lat (not the source of the problem). The same goes for pullups. Now I have essentially done nothing on the area for the last two weeks having had a complete week off pushups and pullups and the second week did some light rows with elbows tucked in which doesnt hurt at all. It could take weeks to go away so I have to work around it.

My idea is to do these workouts twice a week, with the third session being on day 1 of week 2 etc etc. I am hoping to use either narrow pushups (shoulder width hand placement with elbows tucked into sides), or Diamond Pushups.

With regards Pullups i am thinking of using narrow hand placement palms facing.

I might also do alternate split squats instead of squats.

I dont want to change the layout. I am just thinking of sensible ways to work around a couple of niggles. Two sessions a week instead of three will slow down progress but im being sensible and am happy to do this.

Thoughts??

Richard
                Last edited by Richardmac; 02-08-2013, 08:09 AM.
                It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

• Hi.

I know tis thread is dead but hopefully someone will read tis as I did..jus found out abt simplefit recently via cheapo's comments in e before after section...

Anyway, I tot of doing it starting today, n boy I am winded...I can do 13pull ups so I guess I start wth lv1 n progress frm there...jus now I only manage 5mins of 15rounds before I give up....guess I can conquer day 3 in 5mins but will stick to lv1 until I cam do it for 20mins for day one...it shows tt I lack stamina n endurence

Kudos to all who really can do 20mins

Wish pple still continue with tis thread, especially cheapo...wanna know how u r progressing since u inspired lots of pple to start simplefit...we all need motivation then n again

Comment

• Thanks for reviving this thread Acitkojit, I just did level 1 day 1 and boy am I feeling it. Since I haven't worked out in a few years this is a perfect workout to get back into it again! Even downloaded the phone app to track my progress.

Comment

• Subbed. Cool traveling workouts indeed.
                      JOURNAL..
                      @BabesWithBBQ.
                      Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                      Professional Style Website.
                      #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by Acitkojit View Post
                        Hi.

I know tis thread is dead but hopefully someone will read tis as I did..jus found out abt simplefit recently via cheapo's comments in e before after section...

Anyway, I tot of doing it starting today, n boy I am winded...I can do 13pull ups so I guess I start wth lv1 n progress frm there...jus now I only manage 5mins of 15rounds before I give up....guess I can conquer day 3 in 5mins but will stick to lv1 until I cam do it for 20mins for day one...it shows tt I lack stamina n endurence

Kudos to all who really can do 20mins

Wish pple still continue with tis thread, especially cheapo...wanna know how u r progressing since u inspired lots of pple to start simplefit...we all need motivation then n again
                        That's seriously painful to read...
                        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Are you supposed to add weight to these qorkouts? As in a weight vest or something when it gets too easy??

Comment

• Originally posted by Lockstock View Post
                            Are you supposed to add weight to these qorkouts? As in a weight vest or something when it gets too easy??
                            You can, but if you look on the website you progress through increasingly harder levels-
                            bodyweight exercises, bodyweight workout

If even the higher levels are easy for you they have intermediate and advanced level workouts too-
                            home fitness
                            Bodyweight Exercises, burn fat - build muscle

Since I haven't worked out in a while these are perfect for me to get back into the routine, but once I get a good baseline level of fitness I'll probably join a gym and start lifting iron again.

Comment

• @Misabi haha i dunno why its soo painful for you to read my post

@tallen at which level are you on now?

well, have just completed my deload week at LV2. glad to inform that my stamina n endurance is way better than before. As of today, i've completed LV1(incomplete), LV1, LV2, LV3, LV2.....this wk will be doing LV3 before embarking on LV4....frm this moment onwards it will be tough cos i can feel it during my workout...jus hope this wk LV3 will be better than my previous ones

Comment

Working...
                              X