No announcement yet.

SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice job, Mike. Sounds like you're crushing these workouts. I was pretty chuffed with myself knocking off level five, but your right there nipping and my heels and you're twice my size!*

*And I don't mean this in a bad way. I'm just saying that I think all the body weight exercises involved in simple fit favors the smaller fellow.

Comment

• thanks sean. i have made quite a bit of progress since my level 1 day 1 workout. i literally thought i was gonna die that first day haha

and yeah i get what you are saying for sure, smaller folks have a definite advantage doing bodyweight exercises. my hope is once i lose a bunch more weight i should really be good at this stuff. ive noticed a huge difference in my strength in just the 8 weeks ive been doing simplefit, definitely a believer
      Primal Chaos
      37yo 6'5"
      6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
      current 338lbs 49" waist
      goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

• Thanks for posting these! I've added the link to my bookmark list and will definitely be trying these -- especially for variety!
        Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

Comment

• Another person adding their heartfelt thanks, great thread. I will be starting Lvl 1 Monday, in the meantime will be looking into substitutions for the pullups, I imagine it will be a little while before I will be able to tackle them properly.

Again, thank you Cheapo and everyone else who has contributed with their questions and feedback.

Edited to add: pullup substitutions already found...body rows / have done them in the past (just didn't realise what they were called) and my gym has an an assisted pullup piece of equipment.

Two goals now, to work through the levels and progress to proper pullups.
          Last edited by kkarrolle; 11-11-2011, 05:28 AM.
          Achieving goals takes a backbone not a wishbone

Comment

• Does anybody know what happened to the simplefit web site? I have tried all of my bookmarks and various other links to the site and it just doesn't come up. Even tried the links that are throughout this thread and none of them seem to work.

I am trying to get a copy of all of the levels of the program.

Sonny
            "Every Day is A Bonus" "Discovering Primal Blueprint is an Added Bonus to the Day"
            Cancer tries to suck the life out of the day ---DON'T LET IT

Comment

• bodyweight exercises, bodyweight workouts
              August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Thank you, THANK you for posting this. I have been dithering about trying to figure out my gym routine, waiting for Mark's program to come out, or ordering P90X- particularly with space constraints, I think I am going to have to give this a try.

Comment

• Patrick, thanks for posting the link. I swear that I tried going to simplefit.org a dozen times and nothing would come up. I appreciate your response.

Sonny
                  "Every Day is A Bonus" "Discovering Primal Blueprint is an Added Bonus to the Day"
                  Cancer tries to suck the life out of the day ---DON'T LET IT

Comment

• i was having trouble with the site last few days as well. seems its working now though
                    Primal Chaos
                    37yo 6'5"
                    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
                    current 338lbs 49" waist
                    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

• Anyone try mixing this with Primal Blueprint Fitness?

I'm trying to jam them together... as an example, I'm on level 5 of raw simplefit.
                      This morning I did L52, the strength day, and for each circuit I added the overhead press (same reps as pullups) and planks (5 seconds per level... I know that sounds weak, clearly I need to do more core strenghthening)...

How would this work on Judgment Day? Add in overhead press (same reps as pullups) and planks and add 2 minutes to the time limit, trying to get it all done in 7 minutes instead of 5?

Thoughts? Input?

My favorite part of simplefit is that it has a strength focused day, and a aerobic focused day, base on the same workout, just by adjusting the rep/set scheme... that's what I want to preserve as I add in some more movements.

Mick.

Comment

• Thanks

So I have decided to ditch my gym..and start doing the simplefit exercises. I do have to wait till Christmas..cause that is when I will be getting the door pull up thingy.

I cant wait to see my results. I am going to Hawaii in March..so I figure I am giving myself 2 solid months of this..hopefully it helps with toning me up a bit...

Comment

• This looks fantastic. I am going to incorporate this into my workout schedule! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• One question, what is you are not strong enough or unable to do pull ups?

Never mind just re-read the first post
                            Last edited by PookDo; 12-08-2011, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Been eating pretty strict primal for almost 4 months now. Started at 251 pounds and am now at 204 and still losing slowly but steadily. I planned to get to 180 and see if I am happy with the results and then start exercising primal then. However, after reading the original post and reading a little about simplefit, I busted out a perfect pullup door mount that I got last year and finally installed it. They are about twenty bucks on amazon.com and I would recommend them for anyone looking for a solution to not being near any pullup bars.

Started level 1 day 1 yesterday evening and was able to do 16 rounds in twenty minutes including rest time. I am really sore today though, so hopefully I can move on to day two tomorrow without more rest.

I tried to find this answer on my own, but couldnt. On day 1, are you suppose to do as many sets as you can in the time limit and include rest time?

Thanks!

Comment

• Yes.

The answer's in the first post of the thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X