SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cheapo View Post
    Are you talking about the Tabata workout at SF?
    Yeah mate, and it was insane, I am in alot of pain today, feels good mostly in my abs from doing devil? wheels... lol plus i kinda added burpees, i think they are really good.

Comment

• You might be the first person ever to do that workout.
      I love SimpleFit, but the site could be easier to navigate!

Comment

• Well I only found the TABATA stuff from googling Hiit Bodyweight. I think i am super unfit though, cause i can do weights fine, but i don't do any cardio atm. so that is why i am trying to get some of the hiit in, and going for bike rides.

Comment

• The regular SimpleFit workout is pretty HIIT-like, or perhaps it's closer to METCON. (Aren't acronyms fun?)
          If you get yourself onto the right level, SF Day 1 should be very challenging. (I define the right level as the level where you can do between 20 and 30 rounds on Day 1.)

Comment

• Cheapo have you tried doing the evil wheel workout? I think that is what really got me with the TABATA workout. my abs are sore as today, never felt this sore.

Comment

• I've been doing simplefit for 7 weeks now, I think, might be 6. Its gotten easier, but not really, yesterday I about passed out. Turns out, I should eat a little something during the day, I had sort of lost track of that. A banana fixed me right up in about 10 minutes, but I was really not feeling well until that banana worked its magic. I haven't had that sort of situation happen since the first week, and that was just because my body was like WTF dude? :-)

When I first started I wanted to increase the load on Day 2 because it seemed pretty weak. Not anymore, D2 is kicking my tail now. I'm kind of cheating the system a little bit, I'm doing Level 5 workouts and I haven't beaten level 4 yet, just started that this week, we'll see if it serves me at all tomorrow when I try to beat level 4, I was at 6 minutes 10 seconds last week, makes me angry, I'm so close.

~Mickey

Comment

• Originally posted by visionteacher View Post
                I'm kind of cheating the system a little bit, I'm doing Level 5 workouts and I haven't beaten level 4 yet, just started that this week, we'll see if it serves me at all tomorrow when I try to beat level 4, I was at 6 minutes 10 seconds last week, makes me angry, I'm so close.

~Mickey
                I know what it's like to be frustrated. It took me 8 months to beat Level 5 (or was it 6)!

I've thought about doing the Level 8 workouts to help me beat Level 7...but I am afraid of them!

I have tweaked Day 2 though:
                I do one round as prescribed, then I take the remaining rounds and combine them into the second and final round.

On L&D2 that looks like:
                Round/Pull-Ups/Push-Ups/Squats
                1/8/24/40
                2/32/96/160
                Took me 10'08" today.

Comment

• I love the simplicity of this workout and have adopted it today. 25 on L1 Day1, had a bit left in me. Not amazing, but a start.

Comment

• Last week I felt so bored with this and decided I'd try something else this week but I ended up continuing with simplefit and it's not so bad. I must have been having a bad couple of days. Anyway today I knocked my level 5 Judgment time down from 12 minutes to 9'46", and finished with 3 one-minute planks. Feels good, man.
                    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint View Post
                      Posting on an internet forum is "not primal at all" either. Primative human beings don't connect to the internet.

Jeez, lady!!!

We are trying to elicit the same gene expression as our "primal" ancestors, NOT live exactly like them.

Unless you live in a dwelling that you built yourself from materials that you gathered and prepared yourself; unless you eat plant foods that you gathered or grew yourself; unless you eat meat that you hunted or raised and killed, cleaned and prepared yourself, then you're not technically primal either and you've benefitted somewhat from CW as well.

Really?!?! This is the way you want your first post to go. Troll.

I'm not claiming to be primal. I thought that was made obvious by my post. And that's just my point , the gene expression you're trying to elicit isn't primal. You just admitted your life is not anything like your ancestors but you're still trying to copy them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iskander View Post
                        Just finished my day one. 15 sets before, with seven minutes left, I couldn't keep going.
                        Thats the point though. To go until you can't do one more. Each time your body will recover faster and get stronger and remember this is a process not a race. Don't be discouraged b/c if this was easy than everyone would be doing it. A little hardwork will go a long way to reaching your goals. When I first started it absolutely killed me but after 3 weeks I am doing more pull-ups then I could when I was in High School.
                        Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Comment

• Cheapo. I love this workout and I added a few tweaks to it. Check out Bar-barians on youtube. I added some controlled movement and it is even more ridiculous now.
                          Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Comment

• Cheapo,

You're my new inspiration! I've been tempted to go on a program that is pure BW to see if it works and set the weights aside for a while. I remember wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the day when I first started guys who did dips, chins and squats and looked better than nearly anyone in the gym. Your results remind me of those good 'ole boys!

Comment

• Hey Cheapo, how many full range chins can you do without kipping? Just curious. I walked to a park this morning and decided to bang out a set of max chins and hit 16 for the first time ever. I thought I was superman, until I saw some dudes banging out like 30+ on YouTube. Yikes.

Anyway, I was curious what The Beast is up to in reps these days.

Comment

• posted this in another thread, but i decided to try this out today.

l2d1 of simplefit

45 total sets, 8 of which i had a 16kg kb in my backpack for:

45 pull ups, 8 weighted
                                135 push ups, 24 weighted
                                180 squats, 32 weighted

i should have really stuck to the challenge and kept the backpack on. i'll do that next time. i was just getting bored waiting between reps to do more with the backpack when i knew time was ticking down...
                                .survive.then.win.

Comment

Working...
                                X