• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great stuff, man. I'mma start today.
    "A man in this world without learning is as a beast of the field."

My Primal Journal

Comment

• I might just try this... my upper body needs strengthened big-time...
      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
      -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Just finished my day one. 15 sets before, with seven minutes left, I couldn't keep going.
        "A man in this world without learning is as a beast of the field."

My Primal Journal

Comment

• [QUOTE=cheapo;168303]...As such, he would rather not ...

Well, put like that I can certainly respect his decision! Makes total sense :-)
          I'm nursing a minor back issue at the moment but am shooting for the end of this week or early the next for a start. I love the whole no-frills, (almost) no props aspect of this. I also am drawn to the on-line commeraderie here & at the simplefit site. Very motivating & comforting...

Comment

• Well, I did L1D1 this afternoon after doing some practice with L-sits (on my Jungle Gym Split) and back lever progressions (inverted hang with knees tucked into chest, just starting to lean backward). Got through 28 rounds, surprisingly. I say surprisingly because my pull-up strength has long been an issue. I got through 28 pull-ups, most of them without needing a kip.
            Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
            -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Originally posted by Iskander View Post
              Just finished my day one. 15 sets before, with seven minutes left, I couldn't keep going.
              I hope you are not discoraged. Do NOT be discouraged. You are sure to do better next week. Also, are you sure you couldn't have managed one more set in the seven minutes you left on the clock? I'd wager you could have had two 2.5 minute breaks AND two more rounds in that time.

Comment

• Oh my God! I am so sore from yesterday's and this is quite surprising as I am regular exerciser (I workout every day... I know I shouldn't but I do).

I have had the pull up bar for a while so my back muscles are ok but my chest..... omg that really hurts today. Probably because I haven't done so many push ups in 1 day (well that's a lie.. I have done... with P90x but half the time I was watching the people on the DVD thinking they are androids from another planet doing so many pull ups and push ups!)

Thanks Cheapo - it has been a fantastic opportunity to vary my exercise routine

Comment

• did L1D1 on Monday and with luck can get to L1D2 tonight...

question - I have a considerable amount more strength in my right arm than my left - how can I keep from favouring that arm when doing pull ups (I do jumping pull ups) and push ups. I'd like to develop strength more evenly than I am currently.
                  Robin
                  ~primal mama to 3~

Comment

• Its not primal at all. Primitive human beings don't workout. They don't sprint or run fast at all regularly, They do lift but certainly nothing heavy or overly strenuous , its just not smart. They don't do bodyweight exercises or any routine. A real primal "workout" is a great deal of walking and a laborious job.

Comment

• Hey Cheopo, I like the look of this program, though i want to do it as a hiit, I was looking on the SF website and they have a hiit version of this, looks insane, but i think i can do it, I want to do weights on monday, wednesday and friday, then do bodyweight hiit on my off days, with a 30/45min cardio (I get bored, and i work in an office all day, so when i can do something physical I jump at it. ) I will keep you informed how i progress, i am doing this tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cristabell View Post
                        Its not primal at all. Primitive human beings don't workout. They don't sprint or run fast at all regularly, They do lift but certainly nothing heavy or overly strenuous , its just not smart. They don't do bodyweight exercises or any routine. A real primal "workout" is a great deal of walking and a laborious job.
                        Posting on an internet forum is "not primal at all" either. Primative human beings don't connect to the internet.

Jeez, lady!!!

We are trying to elicit the same gene expression as our "primal" ancestors, NOT live exactly like them.

Unless you live in a dwelling that you built yourself from materials that you gathered and prepared yourself; unless you eat plant foods that you gathered or grew yourself; unless you eat meat that you hunted or raised and killed, cleaned and prepared yourself, then you're not technically primal either and you've benefitted somewhat from CW as well.

Really?!?! This is the way you want your first post to go. Troll.
                        Last edited by Clint; 07-29-2010, 04:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint View Post
                          Posting on an internet forum is "not primal at all" either. Primative human beings don't connect to the internet.

Jeez, lady!!!

We are trying to elicit the same gene expression as our "primal" ancestors, NOT live exactly like them.

Unless you live in a dwelling that you built yourself from materials that you gathered and prepared yourself; unless you eat plant foods that you gathered or grew yourself; unless you eat meat that you hunted or raised and killed, cleaned and prepared yourself, then you're not technically primal either and you've benefitted somewhat from CW as well.

Really?!?! This is the way you want your first post to go. Troll.
                          +1
                          You couldn't have said it in a better way :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Darthash View Post
                            Hey Cheopo, I like the look of this program, though i want to do it as a hiit, I was looking on the SF website and they have a hiit version of this, looks insane, but i think i can do it
                            Are you talking about the Tabata workout at SF?
                            Last edited by cheapo; 07-29-2010, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nocturnalmama View Post
                              did L1D1 on Monday and with luck can get to L1D2 tonight...

question - I have a considerable amount more strength in my right arm than my left - how can I keep from favouring that arm when doing pull ups (I do jumping pull ups) and push ups. I'd like to develop strength more evenly than I am currently.

In my opinion, the longer you do it, the more it will eventually even out. Most people have a dominant upper extremity, and it just takes time to make them more even. I don't believe you can ever get them completely even. Your right will probably always be a little stronger, and maybe even a little bigger. However, it shouldn't be too noticeable.

Once you get to Levels 3 and 4, it becomes more challenging to both arms so that they get a pretty good workout even if one is stronger than the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post

Once you get to Levels 3 and 4, it becomes more challenging to both arms so that they get a pretty good workout even if one is stronger than the other.
                                thanks! this bit made me giggle - I can't imagine making it to level 3... still challenged with doing the entire workout using standard push ups - I have to modify after the first couple of sets so I can get a full range of motion.

I do feel better knowing that over time I should even out - I try to carry heavy items at work in my left arm when I remember and yoga helps for ensuring I have balance but right now the difference between the two sides is pretty apparent.
                                Robin
                                ~primal mama to 3~

Comment

Working...
                                X