No announcement yet.

SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe they assume a day off between days, so Monday-Wednesday-Friday.

More info at the SimpleFit site.
    My PB Journal
    Started June 2010

Comment

• Yeah. These days I do Monday-Wednesday-Saturday.

Comment

• But, but, but.... Kipping vs strict pulls?
        On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• I did Level 5 / Day 2

5 rounds for time
          5 pull-ups
          15 push-ups
          26 squats

This took me 9+ mins.
          You'd have to be a machine to do this in under 5 mins.
          Zero degradation in performance, etc.

Comment

• It's doable.
            Remember that the rest time between rounds (which should be about 3 minutes) is not included in your total time.

I'm on Level 7. This is the first time Day 2 (8 pull-ups, 24 push-ups, 40 squats) seems impossible to do in less than 5'.

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
              But, but, but.... Kipping vs strict pulls?
              I kip.
              You can do it either way, but without kipping I don't think it would be possible for most people to get past level 5 or 6.

Comment

• My son just got past level 5 today, and he doesn't kip much if at all. However, he is 22, 5'5" and weights about 125. So, he is blasting through these levels. I have about 40 pounds and 17 years on him, but I am almost keeping up. I am on level 5, and not kipping. My problem is using the Iron Gym over the door. I bought one of those power stations that has the pullup bar, dip station and push up rungs on the bottom. It will allow me to keep my legs straight through the entire range of motion, as opposed to having them bent as I do with the door contraption. I think that will help me keep from any rocking motion being able to keep my legs straight. However, it will likely make the pullups harder.

Comment

• Oops, I was including rest time.

Comment

• Congratulations! That's a huuuuge accomplishment, you should be incredibly proud of yourself.
                    Ken Wyser
                    The Ultimate Climber

Comment

• I decided to give this a go. It was much harder than I expected L1D1:32 rounds. Brilliant workout for busy mums like me, it is done in 20 minutes so you can just wake up 45 minutes earlier and feel happy that you have done your workout for the day. My only concern is that the legs are not being challenged enough - maybe I should add some weights for the legs

Comment

• Of course, you can add weights if you like, but that does take away from the simplicity. Why not stick with the program for a while and see how you progress? As you advance, the workout will catch-up with the fitness level of your various muscles.
                        By the time you hit Level 3 or 4, I would expect you to feel challenged all over.

Also, with a result like 32 on Day 1, you are sure to be on Level 2 by next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapo View Post
                          Of course, you can add weights if you like, but that does take away from the simplicity. Why not stick with the program for a while and see how you progress? As you advance, the workout will catch-up with the fitness level of your various muscles.
                          By the time you hit Level 3 or 4, I would expect you to feel challenged all over.

Also, with a result like 32 on Day 1, you are sure to be on Level 2 by next week.
                          Thanks Cheapo! So nice of you to be so encouraging to everyone. I will do as you say - will do just what the programme says.

Comment

• I just did L1D1 today. This IS a good workout. 40 rounds and I'm good to go. It gets your heart pumping, muscles working, but at the end, you're not so taxed that you can't function for the rest of the day.

Cheapo, once again, thanks for being the Simple Fit ambassador and bringing it to the board's attention!

Comment

• ok, I've read through the whhoooolle thread & am Really interested in starting this! Major hurdle is the pull-up bar: I live in a cheap-ass old trailer, so no puttin one there. I could maybe get away with putting one in the office. OR (smacks forehead in sudden realization) I just remembered where I have access to a "weight room" for free...
                              Dear Cheapo: has anyone put the program on one of those little one page booklets like hundredpushups did? if not, I will?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peggy View Post
                                Dear Cheapo: has anyone put the program on one of those little one page booklets like hundredpushups did? if not, I will?
                                I can't find the post over on the SimpleFit forum, but someone there once asked Kevin (SF's creator) whether he would provide a PDF or suchlike. Kevin responded by pointing out that the only revenue he earns from SimpleFit is through advertising on the site (and it isn't even enough to cover hosting costs). As such, he would rather not create a document that would allow people to download the program and never visit the site again. I don't think that's the approach I would take, but then again, I didn't create SF.

edit: I found the relevant exchange.
                                Last edited by cheapo; 07-26-2010, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X