Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gaining fat can make your strength numbers skyrocketing!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaining fat can make your strength numbers skyrocketing!

Old news really, but having a solid layer of fat makes lifting heavy ass weights more easy since it shorten the ROM in many exercises and also gives a better leverage for your main lifts!

The guy in the video below have fully understood that simple truth and take advantage of his belly fat to increase and progress on his bench press…

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

You did know this guy is a circus professional, right? His job is to have a cannonball fired at his belly.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
      You did know this guy is a circus professional, right? His job is to have a cannonball fired at his belly.
      You did know that Gorbag's a trolling professional, right? His job is to mis-state arguments that don't agree with him and hang strawmen.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        You did know that Gorbag's a trolling professional, right? His job is to mis-state arguments that don't agree with him and hang strawmen.
        That may be, but he's correct on this point, although I don't recommend getting fat just to shorten up your bench range of motion. Two inches less deep on bench press does make a HUGE difference.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

<Sigh>. There goes my theory that when I was gaining weight the strength increases meant I was putting on muscle...
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Yes, I know he's a troll. I keep him on ignore. I was curious and once more disappointed in myself for looking.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
              Yes, I know he's a troll. I keep him on ignore. I was curious and once more disappointed in myself for looking.
              Just bugger off from the thread then, the video is kind of a joke, but my point stand - more bodyfat makes you lift more! From before I have Richmahogny and Quikky on ignore, but the former still comes to my treads to pester me. And since I am kind of tired of reading all your ignorant postings that misunderstands almost everything that is possible to misunderstand about training, I put you on ignore as well...
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

The world's strongest people tend to have a nice layer of blubber on them. Coincidence? I doubt it.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Sooo... getting a boob job will make me stronger?! Saaaweet, good-bye nature made C's hello silicone Double-Ds!

Last edited by cori93437; 05-28-2013, 07:32 PM.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    Sooo... getting a boob job will make me stronger?! Saaaweet, good-bye nature made C's hello silicone Double-Ds!

Your bench numbers would probably go up due to the deceased range of motion from the bar hitting your sweater puppies. I approve of this course of action.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                      Just bugger off from the thread then, the video is kind of a joke, but my point stand - more bodyfat makes you lift more! From before I have Richmahogny and Quikky on ignore, but the former still comes to my treads to pester me. And since I am kind of tired of reading all your ignorant postings that misunderstands almost everything that is possible to misunderstand about training, I put you on ignore as well...
                      Welcome to our humble group of Gorbag rejects, sbhikes. You're in good company. We take care of one another and provide emotional support for Gorbag's wrongdoings.

Comment

In fairness to Gorbag, this thread is just fine and with a bit of humor. Fat and lifting can be good buddies.

Comment

Working...
                        X