Ropes Gone Wild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ropes Gone Wild

Anybody know the score on this? One of the online shops I get some of my gear from sent me a flyer about this! Designed to fit on Kettlebells? Voted 'best cardio training equipment' by Men's Health last year, so the metrosexuls liked it
    Anybody experienced it?
    Give them nothing! But, take from them everything!

"so the metrosexuals liked it" -- ha!

Sounds like bola training to me. Pretty primal and unique! I am intrigued...

Comment

The website is here

Comment

If Men's Health liked it that's a major strike against it.
        Hang the rope from a tree and climb it. This is a much better use of a rope. As a matter of fact I just returned from a SS mountain bike ride and I'm going to go out and climb my rope once or twice before I eat lunch. I love rope climbing, lower yourself really slowly and it's killer.

bruce b.

Comment

It's not bola training, but I'm still intrigued by the notion of waggling huge lengths of rope. I would like to give this a try, although I agree with Bruce about the implications of a Men's Health endorsement...

Comment

I can see some benefit, but I agree with bruceb that climbing is a more effective use for that rope. Probably a lot cheaper too.

Comment

well we agreed against men's health!

the ropes are scary money, especially when compared to my climbing rope! Nice to see another single speeder on the forum
              Last edited by DidNothingFatal; 04-22-2010, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I don't get it, wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy rope, and use that?

I like DIY fitness stuff. Sand bags, duffel bags full of rocks, and so on... "ropes gone wild"? :/

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                  I don't get it, wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy rope, and use that?

I like DIY fitness stuff. Sand bags, duffel bags full of rocks, and so on... "ropes gone wild"? :/
                  Thick rope is expensive. In Never Gymless Ross mentions less expensive places to buy them. Maybe McMaster Carr or someplace like that.
                  DNF, I'm a singlespeed bicycle fanatic.
                  bruce b.

Comment

Bola... Rope with heavy weight at the end used to trip up game when hunting right?

I was thinking about this: Timothy, along with shovelglove training wouldn't juggling and/or poi help with coordination (yes, poi has a bit of a "hippy raver" vibe to it)?

Sorry the bola comment brought that back to the front of my mind.
                    Once you learn that you create your own reality and that you are fully responsible for your life, you can begin to see the world as it is and then you realize the limitless possibilities.

Comment

I used to work in an Art of Strength gym so we used Ropes Gone Wild every day. It is a great cardio tool. I bought one for my boot camp clients as well. Use it all the time. Yes, it's just a long rope. If you can find one for cheaper, go ahead and buy the cheaper one. The AOS ones won't fray at the ends. I recommend going longer than 30ft. My 30ft, 1.5 inch rope is not quite difficult enough for me.

Comment

I just bought 25 feet of 1.5" manilla rope on ebay. $40 delivered and it showed up in 2 or 3 days from the time I ordered it.

I braided a loop in 1 end (easy to do - google it), and hung it around a high limb in the tree. With the loop and the braid - I have about a 20' rope to climb. It's fun. Kids are having fun with it too.

Also used some plastidip on the end to seal it all up. You can but it in a can that looks like a tennis ball can. Couple or 3 coats and you are good to go.
                        Never, never, never quit! -- Winston Churchill

Comment

Men's Health or not , it is a pretty good exercise. Take a long heavy rope, wrap around a tree or a pole, step back 20 feet or so and start making waves in the rope. Kind of playing jump rope with heavy ropes. It ups heart rate, tires the body--arms, legs, core. It just gets the neighbors lookin' and wonderin' what you are trying to do.
                          Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Working...
                          X