2 mile hike in the vibrams and kilt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 mile hike in the vibrams and kilt

wore a utilikilt with my vibrams for a 2 mile hike home tonight during rush hour, got more than a few weird looks and a couple hollers. good times.

Pictures or it didn't happen

It's amazing what you can accomplish once you stop caring what other people think. There's a wall near my house that is perfect for scuttling along on all fours, wearing nothing but my workout shorts and Vibrams. Passers-by probably think I've escaped from the county mental health office on the other side of the block.

Also, has anybody else had the experience, when wearing their Vibrams, of total strangers coming up and asking you weird questions about your shoes? This happened to me at the mall the other day and before I knew it I was listening to an older woman, who looked strangely like Michael Caine, telling me her life story of diabetes and gangrenous foot injuries. I was biting my lip hard for that one. I need to start carrying around business cards with the MDA URL on them.

Comment

Ah, I love hiking in my VFFs. Whenever I go up to the White Mountains, I prepare myself for the onslaught of incredulous looks and dumbfounded questions. I'm looking forward to seeing more fellow VFFers on the trails this summer; they've really taken off over the past year.

Comment

I think I've sold about five pairs of them in the time I've had mine. (I call them my "Gecko Toes")

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy View Post
          Pictures or it didn't happen
          +1
          Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

hmm... didn't think about pics, i'll get some next time i got the kilt on... i'm currently relaxing totally primal, if you know what i mean.

Comment

i will say this, my feet & calves felt the 2 miles, but my back did not... that's a switch from wearing shoes.

Comment

HAHAA! About strangers asking about your shoes...

How about strangers TOUCHING, FEELING, and SQUEEZING your feet?! Otherwise normal, everyday people with decorum and social graces who will suddenly, excitedly, grab your foot and squeeze it in wonderment?! I get it all the time. I love seeing that side of people.

-写

PS. Awesome about the kilt and vibrams!
                Little Saiyan

Comment

Yeah pictures!!! The kilt, not totally primal. TMI...... !

Comment

Lava-lava would be primal. Kilts? Makes me wonder: Is haggis primal?

Comment

Originally posted by Godzilla View Post
                      Lava-lava would be primal. Kilts? Makes me wonder: Is haggis primal?
                      Nah, haggis is made with oatmeal IIRC

Comment

My wife hates when I wear my VFF's with my kilt. I think it's the perfect pair though.

Comment

i don't know, i kinda see the utilikilt as the modern day loincloth

Originally posted by Timothy View Post
                          Also, has anybody else had the experience, when wearing their Vibrams, of total strangers coming up and asking you weird questions about your shoes? This happened to me at the mall the other day and before I knew it I was listening to an older woman, who looked strangely like Michael Caine, telling me her life story of diabetes and gangrenous foot injuries. I was biting my lip hard for that one. I need to start carrying around business cards with the MDA URL on them.
                          a few weeks ago, i had to go to the BMV to renew my registration. i was there for roughly an hour, and *8* people asked me about my VFFs. i kept count because i think it's awesome. a few people even made a point of writing down the URL to look up later. i absolutely love giving that company some publicity...well, almost, because that means they'll be out of stock longer
                          sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

I can't tell you how many times I've had to stop some woman from lifting the back of my kilt.

Also, FYI, a lot of beer and climbing over benches in kilts do NOT mix well.

Comment

The funny thing about wearing the Vibrams out and about is when you notice out of the corner of your eye somebody is staring at your feet but they don't say anything. I chuckle at that.

I wonder if you dressed up two people, one in Vibrams and one in a kilt, which would draw the most stares?

Comment

Working...
                              X