The power of visualization ;)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The power of visualization ;)

So today during my walk (decided to walk to the Post Office instead of drive), I wanted to include some sprints in there today.

While I walked, I started to prep myself mentally for the onslaught and was thinking about Grok and his reasons for sprinting...so I imagined a Lioness looking me up and down from behind a tree so I took off! Pretending the whole time that I was only within a few feet of my life.

When I stopped, I looked back and smiled, exhilirated...because of course I had survived the race

Discovered the visualization technique about a year back. Your workouts will never be the same!
    sigpic
    In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

It's a great training technique, but for the record, if you ever come across a lioness, bear or wolf, don't run. You'll go from happy primal human to dinner in 3 seconds or less.

Comment

I always figure if I go slower than a certain time on my hill sprints, the sabertooth tiger wins. And we don't want that.
        Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

I'm not good with that, though I did find really good motivation to sprint. Cross the street at the wrong time, and have to escape an oncoming car. It really works! LOL.

Comment

The little Mini-Meditations I do before my workouts seem to help a lot too. THe power of the mind is endless in my opinion.
            sigpic
            In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

Working...
            X