How Much Do You Walk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Do You Walk?

Just curious how much walking in either time or distance people do each week?

I don't do any chronic cardio, just walking, lifting twice a week, and occasional sprints with females.

I'm averaging about 40km a week with most coming from two walks into town and back.

Phlebotomist. I get my 10,000 steps in most days...
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I average about 42ks a week. approx 6ks a day.

Comment

I am on my feet alot with my job, but actual dedicated walking at the moment is around 18 miles a week ish, though can creep up to nearer 25 when I am not busy.
        Primal and deadlifting my way to health (hopefully)

Comment

About 30km per week
          Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

20 mi/32k
            Typically divided by 4 days a week (5 mi ea)

Comment

I walk around 100 miles per week right now.
              Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
              Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
              The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
              Brute Force Sandbags
              www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
              http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

At least 10km a day, almost every day, often more.
                My Walk From West Coast to East Coast

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread81011.html

Comment

I have a desk job. Although it's with a standing desk! I get 10,000 to 12,000 steps a day in lately. The challenge is when it's cold and dark in Alaska in the winter. Thankful for a hockey rink with a walking area around the top and Pandora - in the winter.

Comment

I average about 7-8 miles a day.

Comment

I'm getting back into walking after having to stop running. I currently walk a 4.5 mile loop 3 or more times a week. I plan to work up to one 10 mile and one 20 mile walk a week.

Comment

about 3-4 miles a day excluding walking as part of general activities like when at work
                        When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                        27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                        new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Around 50 km (~32 miles) a week, made with around 70,000 steps in about 12-13 hours of walking
                          Also, 20-30 km of running, at average page around 5 min/km

Pretty timely question, I got the above statistics with the very cool iPhone app called 'Moves' which I found out recently.
                          Me@twitter

Comment

Walking - Maybe 3 miles per week lately
                            Hiking - 6 miles per week
                            Climbing - 450 feet per week
                            The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

About 15 - 20 miles a week.

Comment

Working...
                              X