anybody here slackline?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody here slackline?

i've been thinking about this for a while now and decided to give it a try. i went to tractor supply and bought a 27', 2" ratchet strap, and a couple lengths of chain, and 2 commercial/industrial carabiners. i hooked it up between 2 trees yesterday and gave it a whirl. way harder than it looks. but i'm hooked.

so, is anybody else here in to it?

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
    i've been thinking about this for a while now and decided to give it a try. i went to tractor supply and bought a 27', 2" ratchet strap, and a couple lengths of chain, and 2 commercial/industrial carabiners. i hooked it up between 2 trees yesterday and gave it a whirl. way harder than it looks. but i'm hooked.

so, is anybody else here in to it?
    I've tried it once or twice. Just enough experience to know you're not kidding when you say it's harder than it looks. You should get a big hammock to hang from the carabiners when you're not using the slackline.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      I've tried it once or twice. Just enough experience to know you're not kidding when you say it's harder than it looks. You should get a big hammock to hang from the carabiners when you're not using the slackline.
      excellent idea

Comment

Been wanting to buy one for years, looks so fun. Every summer I say it'll be this summer.

It'll be this summer!

Comment

I wanna do it more. It's fucking hard. I climb, and most of my climbing friends are into slackline, they kinda go together well. I have a couple buddies who slackline over giant canyons and stuff, it's crazy:

monastery3.jpg
          "The mountains are calling and I must go."
          --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
          --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
          --Hyperlithic

Comment

Every summer I say it'll be this summer.

Comment

I would certainly like to learn it! Perhaps I will get off my a$$ and try it this summer...I really want to.

Not to intimidate anyone, but check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-e4C8WYSbA
              Last edited by PBNewby; 04-10-2013, 08:09 PM. Reason: Added URL
              Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
              Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
              "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
              "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
              "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

for everyone who is interested, i'd say give it a try. i modified my setup yesterday and spent about 20 minutes on it before the rain started.

Comment

I got one for myself and my son at Christmas. I am now thinking about where to put it up. Our two trees are way too big around. I am going to build a framework that does not use trees. Hopefully soon we will be slacking. If we get good we can slack next winter in the snow too.
                  An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
                  -Somebody funny

Comment

Originally posted by Ouaouaron View Post
                    I got one for myself and my son at Christmas. I am now thinking about where to put it up. Our two trees are way too big around. I am going to build a framework that does not use trees. Hopefully soon we will be slacking. If we get good we can slack next winter in the snow too.
                    Can you drive 2 massive eye bolts into the trees?
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                      I wanna do it more. It's fucking hard. I climb, and most of my climbing friends are into slackline, they kinda go together well. I have a couple buddies who slackline over giant canyons and stuff, it's crazy:

[ATTACH]11241[/ATTACH]
                      awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Ouaouaron View Post
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9g84lYD6CQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0zQ_G2q9FI

this type of design (which i decided to go with) should give you plenty of length to get around most trees

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9g84lYD6CQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0zQ_G2q9FI

this type of design (which i decided to go with) should give you plenty of length to get around most trees
                          An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
                          -Somebody funny

Comment

not on the rug, update... my best friend and his gf just got one, we've been slacklining at the park a lot lately, it's amazing. I'm a pretty coordinated/athletic person, and I generally have great balance -- but this is HARD! Took me 20 min of practice (at least) just to stand still on it for a few pathetic seconds, haha. It's also a great workout for the feet and lower legs. My ankles are surprisingly tired the day after. Pretty sweet!

Definitely get one, it's a blast! I'm getting okay at it now, my record for just standing on it is roughly 1.5 min, and I can usually walk a few steps before I bite it.

Comment

My wife and I started on Mother's Day this year. So far, we enjoy the heck out of it. I think I spent 10 hours on the line this week!
                              Here's a shameless plug for my blog of our trials and tribulations as we began and learned this sport.

http://milehighslacker.wordpress.com

My wife even ordered her own pink flowered slackline this week. Guess she was tired of my plain old boring yellow line!

No regrets!!
                              Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
                              Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
                              "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
                              "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
                              "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

Working...
                              X