Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lazy Days?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lazy Days?

    So today im having a extremely lazy day, I woke up, laid in bed for a few hours, got up and washed, sat and had a cup of coffee with heavy whipping cream and a banana for a bit. Then sat and read for a few hours out back while picking a chicken carcass for lunch.... And now im back in bed watching Tv. Question: are sparse days like this good for you? I almost feel guilty for not exercising or at the very least stretching for a bit.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  • #2
    Absolutely!

    Are you enjoying it? Then yes. It's good. I know, I know, thats an overstatement but it's still true. Its ok to have a physical rest day, your body needs those. It's also ok to have a mental rest day. You brain needs those. And if you really really are feeling guilty about it, prod yourself out of bed and spend 10 minutes stretching or go for a short walk. It'll feel good anyway! But its ok if you don't. Just stop feeling guilty about it!

    Comment


    • #3
      Very very good.

      Seems sometimes we forget how to rest. Good on you.
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DennyB View Post
        So today im having a extremely lazy day, I woke up, laid in bed for a few hours, got up and washed, sat and had a cup of coffee with heavy whipping cream and a banana for a bit. Then sat and read for a few hours out back while picking a chicken carcass for lunch.... And now im back in bed watching Tv. Question: are sparse days like this good for you? I almost feel guilty for not exercising or at the very least stretching for a bit.

        Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
        Couldn't even get up to use the computer.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't think there's anything wrong with this once in a while. In fact, I think it's probably a good thing, mentally, to take a day just to relax. The problem (and I'm guilty of this) is when you simply fall into the routine without really enjoying it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by prufock View Post
            I don't think there's anything wrong with this once in a while. In fact, I think it's probably a good thing, mentally, to take a day just to relax. The problem (and I'm guilty of this) is when you simply fall into the routine without really enjoying it.
            Thats what im afraid of, im an all or nothing kind of guy so its either healthy eating / exercise or laziness / crappie diet. I find it very hard to have a cheat day and get back on it.

            @sjmc

            I very rarely use my laptop anymore unless its to make a long post or read something that won't format properly on my phone

            Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
            Last edited by DennyB; 04-09-2013, 07:11 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I miss those days. I have lazy evenings when I can. I never feel bad about it either!
              The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

              Comment


              • #8
                I think some days our body just needs rest. It's a good thing.
                High Weight: 225
                Weight at start of Primal: 189
                Current Weight: 174
                Goal Weight: 130

                Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm having one of those days today. I feel like doing nothing all day. Even thinking about exercise makes me tired. Very unlike me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DennyB View Post
                    Thats what im afraid of, im an all or nothing kind of guy so its either healthy eating / exercise or laziness / crappie diet. I find it very hard to have a cheat day and get back on it.

                    @sjmc

                    I very rarely use my laptop anymore unless its to make a long post or read something that won't format properly on my phone

                    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
                    I was completely joking

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      IMO rest days are for when you are really sore like those days after weight lifting
                      It's really easy to skip one day and it gets even easier the next

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X