Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSM supplements

Hi all

I have had tendon pain in my arm now, as well as in the past ( rock climbing ), and was wondering, for an anti inflammatory supplement, is MSM safe?

I will be icing and resting it for a week as well with passive movement, I just do not want to take ibuprofen if there is something more natural and better.

I am taking fish oil and omega 3's of course, just curious if i should look into MSM

Thanks!

also glucosamine?

Comment

I have tendonitis in my knee, and my chiropractor recommended I take a glucosamine-chondroitin-MSM supplement. I've had partial improvement, but I've tried a number of different things.
      My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
      On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

Thanks Annika

Is your tendinitis recent or chronic?
        I will look into a glucosamine-chondroitin-MSM supplement.
        I just wanted to make sure it was not a bad thing to take onthis diet etc

I hope your knee mends soon.

Comment

Btw, The Northeast kingdom in vermont is a beautiful place I hear, congrats!

Comment

Yes, the Northeast Kingdom is a great place to live!

Unfortunately, I've been prone to tendonitis in various parts of my body for many years. My knee issue started in October, after finding MDA and getting a bit too gung-ho with exercise. I moved up in weight too fast doing squats and lunges. Muscle gets stronger faster than tendons do! I had one steroid shot a few weeks ago, and have definitely had some improvement.
            My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
            On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

"Muscle gets stronger faster than tendons do!'

Indeed!

I kinda went a little too fast as well with some bouldering at the rock gym
              I give it some rest and be good to go

Hope yours feels better!

Comment

Working...
              X