Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone seen good results without lifting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone seen good results without lifting?

    Hey guys

    So im doing this for a month see how I get on

    I am a postman and walk for around 4 hours six days a week, also do a couple of 10 mile bike rides a week.

    Also doing 20 pushups a day.

    I was on p90x but failed at that found it to hard

    If I survive this first month eating primal I will get a kettle ball and pull up bar.

    Just wondered how many of you guys have seen good results with limited exercise?

    Cheers

    Marcus

  • #2
    I lost around 10kg while just walking and paddling. My goal was improved health, not weightloss, but hte loss was welcome. Over three years ago and weight has stayed off without additional exercise.

    People underestimate the health aspect. We have many homeostatic mechanisms that control weight. Weight gain is a sign that those mechanisms have been compromised. Losing the weight requires fixing the mechanisms. Heavy exercise isn't required for that and may be counterproductive if causing undue stress. The heavy exercise will help you look better naked if your body is ready for it
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

    Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by peril View Post
      I lost around 10kg while just walking and paddling. My goal was improved health, not weightloss, but hte loss was welcome. Over three years ago and weight has stayed off without additional exercise.

      People underestimate the health aspect. We have many homeostatic mechanisms that control weight. Weight gain is a sign that those mechanisms have been compromised. Losing the weight requires fixing the mechanisms. Heavy exercise isn't required for that and may be counterproductive if causing undue stress. The heavy exercise will help you look better naked if your body is ready for it
      yes I dont wanna overdo it as I have time constraints

      but I do want to look good naked :-)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by marcusp View Post
        yes I dont wanna overdo it as I have time constraints

        but I do want to look good naked :-)
        Eventually then you will want to do some strength exercises. Commit yourself to getting the pullup bar regardless of what else happens. What you need is to be able to take a few minutes to do exercise when you have a few minutes, something you can only do if you are set up to do it at home.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
          Eventually then you will want to do some strength exercises. Commit yourself to getting the pullup bar regardless of what else happens. What you need is to be able to take a few minutes to do exercise when you have a few minutes, something you can only do if you are set up to do it at home.
          Yes I believe that doing pullups and pushups here and there will be great, I had a pullup bar was soooo hard to do unasissted pullups.

          Comment


          • #6
            If you search youtube for "how to do a pullup" you will find lots of help for getting started.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes, all my weightloss with very very little lifting and cardio. I am really trying to discipline myself to do it to get stronger etc. but I am pretty on and off with it.
              Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
              Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
              Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey Marcus~
                Check out the free PB Fitness pdf here:

                Primal Blueprint Fitness | Mark's Daily Apple

                It's a great, progressive bodyweight workout that you can do at home. I've found it works really well for overall fitness.
                Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

                Comment


                • #9
                  I lost mine with walking my dogs daily, yoga, and a long weekend hike a couple times a month. I'm just now doing the Primal Blueprint Essential Movements 3 times a week also to help tone up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You can lose weight without lifting weights, but if you want to build muscle you need to lift. In other words, you'll shrink on a diet but still be a little flabby. Lifting takes away the flab and makes your thinner self look better.
                    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Trying to maintain.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You can achieve pretty dramatic results with just a good daily hike or walk, along with pushups and pullups.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MikeHeath
                          People ignore the health aspect. We have many homeostatic systems that control bodyweight. Excess body weight is a sign that those systems have been affected. Losing body weight requires fixing the systems.
                          For crying out loud man you could have warned me about the creepy looking dude in your link !!!!

                          Excess bodyweight is a sign that someone is shoving too much food in their mouth, pure and simple no need to fix any systems.
                          Last edited by OldSchhool; 02-15-2014, 01:21 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                            Excess bodyweight is a sign that someone is shoving too much food in their mouth, pure and simple no need to fix any systems.
                            It’s usually the stop regulator connected to the eating hole that is broken and must be fixed...
                            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

                            - Schopenhauer

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yes I've seen some great results without lifting weights

                              At the time I am working on Insanity program, it lasts two months and I'm in the second week of the last month. My body strength and endurance have increasted a lot and I've also lost some fat (doesn't show on the scale, cause I've increased my muscle mass, but I can tell the difference from the before pictures)

                              Give it a try, it works for me
                              My blog on fitness gadgets: ProgressGear.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X