Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lyle McDonald's "Getting Rid of Stubborn Body Fat" protocol...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive - looks about 8% at a guess.

Though still impressive.

Comment

Another angle, to show what I mean about the obliques. I'm even more lean now....these pics were back in August 2014, before I really went HARDCORE Keto in January.....even a little more body fat came off. Point is, I have no pinch able body fat left(call that whatever percentage U want), and I did so by exactly to macro that I said earlier...25g/80g/300g.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      TimmyB20

Comment

Yep you're close to what I imagined from your previous self descriptions - no doubt that's a lean body with a lot of muscle. VERY lean and athletic look - good for you.

So back to my question - about keto being good for everyone - do you think that?

Comment

Originally posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
          Yep you're close to what I imagined from your previous self descriptions - no doubt that's a lean body with a lot of muscle. VERY lean and athletic look - good for you.

So back to my question - about keto being good for everyone - do you think that?
          Thanks!

And that's a tough question. I think that the elimination of grains and processed sugars would be good for anyone. I think my diet goes a long way in keeping various aspects of health in check......hormonally, gut health, anti inflammatory(for immune system), digestive health, etc. All of these got much better for me. If u were a marathoner, I may suggest getting more carbs....but I would still say the same types of carbs.....and a max of about 150-200g a day. So short answer.....yes

TimmyB20

Comment

Originally posted by TimBumper View Post
            Thanks!

And that's a tough question. I think that the elimination of grains and processed sugars would be good for anyone. I think my diet goes a long way in keeping various aspects of health in check......hormonally, gut health, anti inflammatory(for immune system), digestive health, etc. All of these got much better for me. If u were a marathoner, I may suggest getting more carbs....but I would still say the same types of carbs.....and a max of about 150-200g a day. So short answer.....yes

TimmyB20
            Would you mind sharing a sample food diary? I would really like to know what foods you eat to get to a fat percentage this high, since even high fat cheese and meat dont even come close to that ratio.

Comment

Thanks!

TimmyB20
              Yep that sounds like a reasonable answer - thanks.

I might have more questions about your keto experience......

By the way - I think those pics might shut a few people up The percentages a bit off but I kinda guessed what you meant from your descriptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekron View Post
                Would you mind sharing a sample food diary? I would really like to know what foods you eat to get to a fat percentage this high, since even high fat cheese and meat dont even come close to that ratio.
                Yes, please.
                “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

I'm not trying to be an asshole! I work VERY hard in the kitchen! I prepare every meal, and I am the most disciplined eater there is.....I never cheat! I also log everything I eat....I have logs for the past 2 years.

Where do I get my fats?? Let's start with dairy.
                  I love extra sharp cheddar cheese(I eat Cracker Barrel cheese blocks, as well as the cuts.....pre shredded cheese often has the processed crap in it). I use the crap out of heavy whipping cream! I mix it in my eggs(I eat 2 eggs, and mix in 1/4 cup of whipping cream....this is to give more egg volume, while only taking in the 12g protein from the two eggs.). I also use lots of whipping cream in the 2 shakes a day I eat. One after lunch(strawberry/raspberries(1/4 cup total), mixed with 1 cup coconut milk,1/4 cup whipping cream).....and one shake after dinner(1 cup coconut milk, 1/4 cup whipping cream, 1/2 cup "So Delicious" coconut dairy dessert....look for the one with only 1 gram of sugar...only sold at Target, only comes in pints). With both shakes, I'll mix with Stevia, and a tablespoon of cool whip(1 gram of carb per tablespoon).

Then there's the oils:
                  Everyday for lunch and dinner.....I eat a baby kale/baby spinach salad mix(about 2 cups), with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and one tablespoon of Virgin Olive oil. For dinner, I'll add 2 oz of some full fat meat(I love grass fed ground beef), and 4 oz of sharp cheddar cheese. I always add lots of salt and carb less seasonings to my salads. I add 3oz of full fat bacon with my lunch(PedersonsNaturalFarms bacon seems to be the best....low protein and high fat per serving, of course no carbs).

Breakfasts consist of the egg mix I spoke about earlier(with whipping cream), along with about 2-3oz of bacon(as fatty as possible.....gives me about 7g protein, 25g fat). I then dip my eggs in Kerry gold butter(1-2 tablespoons). I drink almond milk on the side(1 cup).

This is my diet everyday. No exceptions. And I look forward to EVERY one of these....and it keeps me lean without having to do lots of steady state cardio!

TimmyB20

Comment

I forgot to mention:
                    I take two omega 3 supplements every morning......one is a capsule with about 900mg, and another is a cod liver fish oil with another 1000mg of omega 3(Norwegian Twin Lab).
                    And of course, anytime I cook eggs or meats, it's with coconut oil.....I use about 5 different types throughout the day! Lol

TimmyB20

Comment

Thanks! I imagine you're never, ever hungry eating that.
                      “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

I'm not trying to be an asshole! I work VERY hard in the kitchen! I prepare every meal, and I am the most disciplined eater there is.....I never cheat! I also log everything I eat....I have logs for the past 2 years.

TimmyB20
                        Thanks for the pics. You ARE realllllly Lean (not sure about 3%, but damn close)! I apologize for doubting ya, but a female on this very same forum once told me she was so hot, so size 0, 5'7"/ 115lbs and wears vintage Chanel every day. Then she linked to her website which had a current pic of her with mom jeans and a vanity sized 6 figure (not that there is anything fat about a size 6! Just not what she described)... So now I am a bit suspicious when people don't post pictures of their claimed "amazing physique."

Annnnd your diet sounds delicious (dat coconut cream concoction...), but I would not be able to last on that. I tried the VLC route and it didn't work for me... Lethargy/insomnia/mental fog...But I am really, sincerely, happy that it works for you!
                        JOURNAL..
                        @BabesWithBBQ.
                        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                        Professional Style Website.
                        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Tim, thanks for sharing your pics and your diet details. Very impressive (and handsome, too)! I have one more question -- what was your body like before your keto diet? (Were you overweight, skinny-fat, etc?)

Comment

Tim - how long have you been on this diet? And I was also curious what your body comp was like before you went keto. I had a hard enough time cutting down to 75 grams of carbs, I couldn't imagine cutting another 50. Also, why such a low amount of protein?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Timbumper; you are pretty lean with good genetics’ for upper body muscles as many people with western African origin. I can see still see some fat on lower back, collarbone and side ribs not very protruding, little or no striations so I don’t think you are below 9 - 10% of body fat. I also suspect that your thighs and butt carry more fat than upper body witch is very common in people with your bodytype.

Your diet is 87% fat, 10 % protein and 3% carbs according to your numbers so consider yourself a leading star for the most hardcore keto crowd here…
                              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Timbumper, here’s carbohydrate eater and intermittent fasting guru Martin Berkhan at 6% body fat for a visual comparison;

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                                X