the Warrior Dash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Warrior Dash

I saw this and thought.... EXCELLENT!!!!

A great opportunity for som PB fun and comraderie....

there are 10 around the country - some have already taken place...

I am interested in the Joliet IL June 19 & 20th race.
    This is basically a 5K with different obstacles throughout the course... and looks really primal -
    PLUS there is a cool hat with HORNS!!!!

Prizes for costumes.... (maybe Groks?)

Now, my goal would be just to FINISH...time be damned.... and that is a lofty goal for me, but I am training towards it...

I think it would be absolutely FUN to get a group of PBers together at the race (they have camping available nearby) and share some good primal food and chat....community style!

Anyone interested? Check out the website (google Warrior Dash)
    Maybe if there is interest we can start a group on MDA and post our training and encourage each other... also make plans for meet-up and lodging or camping...maybe get a group rate if there is interest....

I'm signed up for the Texas one, which is coming up in a few weeks. Super pysched

Comment

Looks amazing.... I now have a new goal.

Comment

I heard about this a few months ago. I might have time to do the Colorado one in August! It does look like tons of fun!

Comment

I'm in the 11am wave in the GA race. My current training plans are to work on being able to run a 5k flat out and then work on short runs and mix in pullups, burpees and rope climbs in the middle of the runs.

Comment

Good luck! I am working on the distance now (had a set back with my feet and just started exercising again)...
            Which obstacle you think you will give you the biggest challenge?

Comment

awe man we need some of these in canada!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JStrick View Post
                I'm signed up for the Texas one, which is coming up in a few weeks. Super pysched
                Me too. There are 6 of us running from Amarillo that I know of. Very excited about the run (and the party).

Comment

merm what day and heat?

I'm the May 2nd(Sunday) 5pm.. one of the last to go

Comment

A buddy of mine recently did the SoCal dash. He wasn't very impressed. Said the obstacles were fairly lackluster.

Comment

I'll be at the Joliet one on 6/20. I'm in the 11 AM wave. I'm pretty pumped about it!

Comment

The Texas race was awesome!!! So much fun! ill post pictures soonish.

Comment

I'm doing the one in Maryland the day before my 2nd wedding anniversary. I'm excited, I love obstacles.

Comment

I did the SoCal one, and I have to agree the obstacles weren't that hard. I do crossfit, and I was really expecting some intense things. However, that said - the running was something new for me - even though it was just over 3 miles which some could do easily, that is what I found very challenging.

It was more about being there though that was great. A lot of crossfitters from all over, plus the costumes were fun. They were supposed to have a band which didn't seem to show up (or something -... we left after 2 hours after we were done). I'll definitely go again next year to try to improve my time. Make sure to wear shoes you can get very muddy, and consider donating them afterward (they'll have a pile set up). Me and my friends did that - a reason to buy new shoes!

Comment

i wore my vffs and although it made going thru mud very tough, cleaning was easy since you can wash them!

Comment

Working...
                              X