No announcement yet.

Comments requested on form in Squats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone on here is right about the depth as well, a "legal" squat is breaking the parallel plain of your thighs on the way. Legality aside its also the point where you activate your hamstrings in the lift.

Comment

Originally posted by xuztujma
      Your hip creases should reach an inch or two lower than the tops of your patellas at the bottom.
      because EVERYONE knows what your "patellas" are.

Great post.

Comment

As a doc I did know that the patella was the kneecap! But not everyone might know that. My 85 year old father with asthma, cured colon cancer, celiac, and heart attack faithfully goes to the club and lifts (using machines) 4-5x/week. He is an inspiration.

I thank you all for your good comments and when I get the time and focus to get a decent rack will maybe repost a new, improved barbell squat.

What is SB?

The comment about it taking a lot of arm strength to lift the dumbbells made me smile. I mean, just look at my beefy physique, so much arm strength! Ha. 45 lbs per hand actually is a stress on my gripper muscles...

Jim
        10/2/12: 169 lbs, 37"waist
        Now: low 150's, 33" waist
        Blog: http://paleopathologist.com/

Comment

Others have made enough comments on form, I'd just like to say you're bad ass for keeping up or coming back to strength training and those blocks are pretty cool. Keep up the great work.
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Working...
          X