Squats and Stalling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    My living room was my gym, but the noise bothered the people who live in the condo below mine. Now my loft is my gym, and my living room has a TV and living room-style seating. It's all normal and I kind of hate it.
    That's sad. But I live in a house, which means if I ended up dead lifting heavy I would probably need to make further modifications to the living room floor.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
      That's sad. But I live in a house, which means if I ended up dead lifting heavy I would probably need to make further modifications to the living room floor.
      You just need to go to your local livestock supply place and get a mat for a horse stall. They're 4' x 6' and go for ~ $40 in my neck of the woods. Bring 3 friends to help you load it into the car. It's heavy and unwieldly. But it will protect your floors.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        You just need to go to your local livestock supply place and get a mat for a horse stall. They're 4' x 6' and go for ~ $40 in my neck of the woods. Bring 3 friends to help you load it into the car. It's heavy and unwieldly. But it will protect your floors.
        I suppose that would work for making weights safe for a concrete floor (i.e. garage) too right? I still lift at a gym but I'm gonna go ahead and outfit my detached garage anyhow. Already got the heavy bag, ropes and some other things in there. Just need the meathead center .

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          I suppose that would work for making weights safe for a concrete floor (i.e. garage) too right? I still lift at a gym but I'm gonna go ahead and outfit my detached garage anyhow. Already got the heavy bag, ropes and some other things in there. Just need the meathead center .
          Yeah, they're extremely dense. No way you'll mar up your floor or your iron plates.

If you want to know what I purchased for my loft "meathead center," send me a PM and I'll send you links to what I bought and tell you what I did right and what I'd do differently if I were starting all over again (or if I had a bigger budget). The entire setup cost me less than a year at a commercial gym. I deadlift, squat, bench press, overhead press, chin-up, dip, and a few goofy other things, like glute-ham bridges.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Well, folks, thanks for the advice. I finally decided to bite the bullet and switch from SS to 5/3/1. I'm only in my second cycle, so it's too soon to tell if my squats are increasing, but I definitely don't feel as burnt out as I used to.

Comment

Working...
            X