No announcement yet.

I hit myself on the bottom of the chin with the bar on the OHP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am torn by really liking Cross-fit, and really liking the scheduled workouts with barbell, and I love swimming, running (since the summer is coming, yay!) and Kettlebells and.... Till the second week of April my choices are made for me - my schedule won't fit in the normal workouts, so I will do Cross-Fit till then, go to a 3 day conference where I will swim my little heart out, because the hotel has the BEST POOL IN THE WORLD (70 m lanes, huge outdoor hot pool, OMG!!!) and then... I just don't know.

I honestly like a kid in a candy store, all the workout regimens are SO GOOD. Aww.

EDIT: I proudly report doing all the split and jerks today without hitting anything, lol. I was paranoid like hell!!!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
      I am torn by really liking Cross-fit, and really liking the scheduled workouts with barbell, and I love swimming, running (since the summer is coming, yay!) and Kettlebells and.... Till the second week of April my choices are made for me - my schedule won't fit in the normal workouts, so I will do Cross-Fit till then, go to a 3 day conference where I will swim my little heart out, because the hotel has the BEST POOL IN THE WORLD (70 m lanes, huge outdoor hot pool, OMG!!!) and then... I just don't know.

I honestly like a kid in a candy store, all the workout regimens are SO GOOD. Aww.

EDIT: I proudly report doing all the split and jerks today without hitting anything, lol. I was paranoid like hell!!!
      how about doing what you love, and then mixing in some crossfit-styled workouts when you feel like? you could get workout ideas from the website, or pick our brains for some workout ideas too. then you wouldn't have to spend an arm and a leg on a box membership

Comment

It must've been painful...
        It's a live example that we shouldn't neglect form even if we are experienced lifters.
        I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Getting fit is also about managing your mindset:
        http://getfitmindset.com

Comment

how about doing what you love, and then mixing in some crossfit-styled workouts when you feel like? you could get workout ideas from the website, or pick our brains for some workout ideas too. then you wouldn't have to spend an arm and a leg on a box membership
          I am not in a box, I do the WODs posted at the X-Fit website with the weight I can do all the reps with in our beloved recreation centre. The problem is that I LOVE it ALL! I love 3x5, I love Madcow, I love my mixed 5-3-1 with a couple of support thrown in, I love Fereris ideas, not to mention Zumba, swimming, running on the grass, gardening, and shooting hoops... I also wouldn't mind getting a PT to do some boxing. The problem is that I can only do so much before over-extending, and balancing fitness with everything else that I love or have to do. I am not at all gifted athletically, so I wipe myself out easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
            I am not in a box, I do the WODs posted at the X-Fit website with the weight I can do all the reps with in our beloved recreation centre. The problem is that I LOVE it ALL! I love 3x5, I love Madcow, I love my mixed 5-3-1 with a couple of support thrown in, I love Fereris ideas, not to mention Zumba, swimming, running on the grass, gardening, and shooting hoops... I also wouldn't mind getting a PT to do some boxing. The problem is that I can only do so much before over-extending, and balancing fitness with everything else that I love or have to do. I am not at all gifted athletically, so I wipe myself out easily.
            gotcha. i am in the same boat. and i tend to do my workouts more seasonally and based upon my goals. in the fall and winter, i switch to lifting heavy and basically just working out at home, inside. i eat a little more and focus on adding some muscle mass. i get to hide the extra 5-1lbs under sweaters/shirts etc all winter. in the spring and summer, i start to shift to bodyweight exercises, and x-fit styled workouts. i do a lot of mountain biking. i jog a little. i flip my tractor tire outside or climb the rope i hang in a tree. i run sprints. i mess with my sandbag and medicine balls. i jumprope. and i clean up the diet a little. i shed the few extra lbs of bodyfat and bam, i look good on the beach. best of all worlds. and it allows me to get outside when the weather is nice and enjoy life, instead of being cooped up in my home gym because i "HAVE TO" do chest, shoulders and triceps that day.

Comment

I make seasonal adjustments as well (swim & skate in the winter, run and garden in the summer), but I like gym time year-long, since it is pure egotistical "me" time, and I get into environment where nobody places any demands/expectations on me, but there is companionship from the regulars and the staff in the rec center.

Comment

Working...
              X