I may sound naive but....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think of the journey in Months not days
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
      The first week it's all water weight. After that, I've noticed there is a lag time of up to 2 weeks. Strict dieting, wait 2 weeks and finally I notice the weight has gone. Overeating, wait 2 weeks and I notice the weight gain. So if I strict diet, get frustrated and overeat, sometimes I will start to believe I can eat lots of treats and not gain weight because the lag time fools me. Give yourself some time. Your lag time might be even longer.
      Okay, this gives me hope. I lost the first week, but haven't noticed a damned thing since! The scale moves up and down within the same 3lb range, so I'm sure it's just day to day fluctuation. Same with the tape measure. I don't seem to be getting smaller at all by measurement, although I do seem to be gradually tightening the belt I wear day to day (still in my biggest size jeans, but they're annoyingly loose without a belt), so maybe I'm not measuring right.
      Although the lag time would explain why the scale stubbornly refuses to move.

Comment

Working...
      X