kettlebell fatloss workout I can do in my apartment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kettlebell fatloss workout I can do in my apartment

I have both a 26 and 35 pound kettlebell and I am looking for a fatloss workout I can do in my apartment.Any suggestions?

looks like there's some good routines posted on youtube you could follow

Comment

Also try Dragon Door... they have a bunch of DVD's
      Not sure of your gender - but Kettlebell Goddess has good reviews...

Comment

cant you go outside your apartment to use them?? nothin like good sunshine )
        Get on my Level
        http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by fit4lifegal View Post
          Also try Dragon Door... they have a bunch of DVD's
          +1 on Dragon Door -- I picked up their "Enter the Kettlebell" dvd and book based on a recommendation on another MDA thread and they're great. I'm planning on spending a lot of time on just the "minimum" routines (swings and get-ups) getting comfortable with them. I have two similar weights: a 35 from Dragon Door (VERY well made) that I use for two handed swings, and a 25 (Fitness Gear -- not so well made but okay...) for single handed swings. For get-ups, I'm still just using a 15 pound to get the form nailed before I up the weight. I'm trying to get three sessions in a week, but it's usually only two. I'm doing the suggested routines from the book: a 12 minute swing session (4 minutes 2 handed -- I'm doing it tabata style... -- 2 minutes jogging -- 4 minutes alternating single handed, again tabata style -- and a 2 minute jog wrap-up; hoping someday to be able to do a solid 4 minutes on the swing sets) and a 5 minute get-up.

Comment

I really like the LifeLine kettlebells. Much cheaper than Dragondoors and very good quality.
            My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

Comrade, Pavel's Enter The Kettlebell is excellent, both DVD and book. I like Mike Mahler's DVDs his newsletter/magazine is worth signing up for too, the Fat Loss & Mental Toughness and KB for Size and Strength both have excellent exercises. The Kettlebell Bible is probably the most comprehensive text on the subject.

Best place for Kettlebell training is outside, either with the sun on you, rain and cold just add to your mental toughness. Also wear minimal footwear, I only train with KB wearing VFF's or Converse Chuck Taylors.
              Give them nothing! But, take from them everything!

Comment

A very simple and effective k'bell workout I sometimes do is two handed swings for 12 to 15 minutes, sets of 30 seconds of swings followed by 30 seconds of rest. Repeat until you've had enough. If the k'bell is fairly heavy it's a pretty tough workout to complete.

bruce b.

Comment

I'm tending to workout at home more often than going to the gym recently and I dont feel like I'm missing out on anything from my workouts. Every now and then I still go to the gym to do some deadlifts, pull ups, bench pressing etc just to keep the 'feel' of those exercises and maintain strength. KB workouts are just so time efficient.

For my home workouts I tend to do varied routine normally including 10 pass arounds each side, 20 swings, 5 clean and presses each side, ab roll outs, and then I muck around on my push up bars practising L-sits and going from them into a handstand. I do 3 or 4 sets of this.

I normally start with a few dumbbell exercises at the beginning to warm up (curls, shoulder press, kickbacks, lat raises etc) just fairly light but quick. For the circuit above I do one or two sets with a 24kg KB then when I'm warmed up enough I switch to a 32kg KB. I normally finish with some exercises either with dumbbells or KB and max out for reps. I tend to be fairly spontaneous in my workouts, if I get the urge to do some KB rows or TGU I just do them and get back to the rest of the workout.

Comment

I've done Enter the Kettlebell, and it's true it is the best overall guide for kettlebell use. However, for ultimate conditioning, Viking Warrior Conditioning beats them all. It's centered around the KB snatch. Very intense, but advanced.

If you're not yet comfortable with KBs, go to Dragon Door and find a local RKC (KB trainer). For $40 or so, they will show you the correct technique on various exercises. Then you can really get into a beginner workout of getups and swings.

Comment

Originally posted by RezH View Post
                      I've done Enter the Kettlebell, and it's true it is the best overall guide for kettlebell use. However, for ultimate conditioning, Viking Warrior Conditioning beats them all. It's centered around the KB snatch. Very intense, but advanced.

If you're not yet comfortable with KBs, go to Dragon Door and find a local RKC (KB trainer). For $40 or so, they will show you the correct technique on various exercises. Then you can really get into a beginner workout of getups and swings.
                      Ditto. Learning proper technique is very important and Enter the Kettlebell is very good at teaching it, but do find an instructor to check your technique if you have any doubts. And get outside anytime you can.

Comment

Kettlebells are a very versatile workout companion... Turkish Getups, KB swings, Lunges, one arm shoulder press, Windmill... list keeps going
                        http://danimalk.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here's a really good interview with Master Trainer Andrea du Cane. She talks about whys and what's good about KBs.

Comment

Love, love kettlebells! Since I started working out with them I have corrected some pretty significant muscle imbalances from a nerve root injury that affected my left shoulder/arm. Plus no more pain shoulder/neck. Can't see ever going back to dumb bells!

Comment

OK, here goes. I do these with one 35-pound kettlebell. I wrote these up for fat loss. A note of caution: If you do them at home do them outside if you can. When they drop, it sounds like a bomb going off in a house or apartment building.

+++
                              "Black Sand"

Warm Up: 2 Minutes of Kettlebell Swings
                              Workout: 10 Minutes of Kettlebell Snatches
                              Finisher: 2 Minutes of Kettlebell Swings
                              +++

"What is Hip?"

30-Seconds Kettlebell Swing Left
                              30-Seconds Kettlebell Swing Right
                              -Rest One Minute-
                              30-Seconds Kettlebell Snatch Left
                              30-Seconds Kettlebell Snatch Right
                              -Rest One Minute-

Then Do It All Again and Again . . . for 20 Minutes.

+++
                              "The Hurt"

45 seconds Goblet Squats, 15 seconds rest
                              45 seconds Lunges, 15 seconds rest
                              45 seconds Snatch Left, 15 seconds rest
                              45 seconds Snatch Right, 15 seconds rest
                              45 seconds Swings, 15 seconds rest

One minute rest between rounds

Did 5 rounds total

+++++
                              "Hard 8s/Hour of Power"

Skip Rope 50 Revolutions
                              One-Armed Rows, Left then Right, 8 Reps each arm
                              Goblet Squat, 8 Reps
                              Pushups, 8 Reps
                              Walking Lunges, 8 Reps
                              One-Armed Clean & Press, Left Arm Then Right, 8 Reps
                              Sitting V-Ups, 8 Reps (Or whatever Ab exercise you like)
                              One-Armed KB Swings, Left Then Right, 8 Reps

Do this circuit, no rest, for one hour.

I got in 11 circuits.

+++
                              "You're Still a Young Man"

10 x 10 Jumping Burpees

10 x 10 Kettlebell Clean & Dig
                              (Clean Kettlebell to Rack Position with Weak Hand, Swing Down, Park the Kettlebell, Crawl Out to a 4-point Pushup-Plank Position, Crawl Back and Stand. Alternate and Repeat.)

10-Minute Kettlebell Snatch
                              (30-Seconds Per Hand. Don't put the kettlebell down until the 10 minutes are up.)

Finish with 3 x 1-Minute 1-Hand Kettlebell Swings
                              (Again, 30 Seconds Per Hand.)

+++

"Work to Do"

10 reps one-hand swing left
                              10 reps one-hand swing right
                              10 reps snatch left
                              10 reps snatch right
                              5 reps clean & press left
                              5 reps clean & press right
                              5 reps front squat rack left
                              5 reps front squat rack right

Special note: Don't put the kettlebell down during the circuit. Do five rounds and rest 2 minutes between rounds.

This is a good workout if you have no clock or timer to workout in front of.

+++

"So Very Hard to Go"

Warm-up
                              -> 2 x 20 1-Hand Swings

Main Workout
                              -> 10 Minutes of Snatches
                              -> 10 Minutes of Clean & Press

Between Sets
                              -> 3 x 10 Hanging Leg Raises
                              -> 3 x 10 Roman Chair

Warm Down

-> 3-Minute Swings
                              --Break 1 Minute
                              -> 2-Minute Swings
                              --Break 1 Minute
                              -> 1-Minute Swing

+++

"Me & Mrs. Jones"

--20 minutes of KB Snatches, switching hands every 30 seconds using a handover swing. Don't set the KB down until you are finished
                              >Rest<
                              --20 minutes of KB Clean & Presses, switching hands every 30 seconds. Don't set the KB down until you are finished.
                              >Rest<

Pause in the rack and up positions during snatches and clean & press as needed.

Finished off with:

5 x 30-Second KB 1-Hand Swings, switching hands in the air every 30 seconds. (Weak hand first, so one-minute duration per set.).

After each set do 10 Hanging Leg Raises

>>>This is for recreational purposes only.<<<
                              Last edited by Godzilla; 04-22-2010, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X