Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going for a body fat percentage? Let's go!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a pretty good week I think. I've upped the I take a bit but still maybe 10-15% below maintenance. I did a +20% refeed after a workout. I had been having more hunger an that helped. Ill be on vacation this coming week. I plan to do a deload week but get some sprints in and stay active. Ill probably continue to IF breakfast but may may kinda treat the week as a refeed overall.

Comment

This week I am going to experiment. I am going to try 20/4 intermittent fasting. We'll see how it goes. But I am going to do it for seven days and then evaluate.

Comment

I just did 2 weeks of free feeding within my 19/4 IF window, and only put on 2 pounds. Time to go back to control.

Comment

Hey eKatherine, what are your goals? Are you trying to lose fat and put on muscle?

Comment

Originally posted by murf73 View Post
            Hey eKatherine, what are your goals? Are you trying to lose fat and put on muscle?
            My present weight is 151. I am 5'4". I estimate my bodyfat at 25%, based on the photo chart. I would like to get down to 20% or lower. I don't need to put on more muscle, but if it happens it would be okay. I am already pretty muscular.

Comment

Oh, ok I get it know. How do you like 20/4 window?

Comment

I have trouble with a 16/8 IF, seriously don't know how you guys do i ha ha!

Also when doing it i had to wonder if it was worth while

Comment

It looks like my bodyfat has slipped down into the 20-22%. My abs look about like that woman in the chart. My goal is to look more like the woman in the 15-17% photo.

I ordered a bikini but it hasn't arrived yet.

Comment

I weighed in at 159 the other day. I'm noticing a flattening of the stomach, even though there's still a little more to go at the very bottom. My body hangs on to ANY excess weight at the bottom of my stomach. Everywhere else is about as lean as it can get. Frustrating.
                    Rebooted Body -- Ancestral Health + Modern Psychology | The Rebooted Body Podcast

Comment

I am 49, 5'11" 182lbs currently sitting at around 13% bf, I have been tempted to lean further so this just bay be the push.
                      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                      PS
                      Don't forget to play!

Comment

I have a set of calipers I use to monitor my belly fat. Since January, when I bought them, the thickness of fat on the location I check has gone down from 15mm to 7.5 mm. My boyfriend is starting to motivate to start exercising, based on the fact that I am now more visibly muscular than him.

Comment

I got a Bod Pod assessment last week, and my body fat percentage was 25.9%. Not as bad as I had expected. I plan on getting another one in 3-4 months after a bit of CrossFitting.

My journal

Comment

checking in. Had a great vacation. I ate pretty clean but more that usual! I gorged a few times but it was fresh seafood. YUM!

I think I've made some progress but its slow. the little fat pouches on my lower back and lower abs are smaller but still there. Kinda like what rebooted was saying. I'm getting vascualr and ripped everywhere else but those areas are definitely the holdouts! I should get a set of calipers so I can judge progess a little more objectively. I'm IF'ing on a regular basis (almost everyday) and average 150g protein, 100g of saturated fat and 30g of net carbs on off days and add another 100g of carbs on lifting/sprinting days. Hunger has been no problem with that routine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                              I am 49, 5'11" 182lbs currently sitting at around 13% bf, I have been tempted to lean further so this just bay be the push.
                              You must be super muscular!
                              Few but ripe.

Comment

Just have to share. I've had some great days and the results are coming. Not quite ready to post an updated pic because I'm not quite at my goal, but its coming! Appetite control has been amazing. Its amazing how little I can eat (on average) with the combination of 100% primal eating, skipping breakfast and big carb refeeds after intense workouts!

Comment

Working...
                                X