Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

great site for bodyweight exercises

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • great site for bodyweight exercises

    hey guys, i just stumbled across this site and thought i'd pass it on.

    Madbarz.com

    if you click on "ROUTINES" at the top, there are countless bodyweight circuits posted, in picture form. for the past month or so, i've been taking a break from the weights and focusing on this type of stuff, and i'm really enjoying it.

    i'm obviously not sold on the nutrition section or any of the other nonsense they have on the site, but the exercise routines are pretty cool.

    enjoy

  • #2
    Looks like a very interesting site.

    During my deload weeks, I like to incorporate a lot of bodyweight exercises to maintain that training stimulus. I might have to do one of the "routines" some time and see how it goes.

    Thanks for the share!
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

    Comment


    • #3
      That site looks great. Loads of workouts and shows you dont need equipment.

      Let us know hwo you get on.

      Richard
      It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

      Comment


      • #4
        not bad. lots of routines.

        some of the beginner level workouts look like they would make great warm up routines.
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice looking site, thanks.
          "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

          Comment


          • #6
            Oh good, I was starting to tire of the ones that I make up XD
            My chocolatey Primal journey

            Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

            Comment


            • #7
              Great, now I have to build a dip apparatus.
              The Champagne of Beards

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                Great, now I have to build a dip apparatus.
                i've been planning on doing this for years, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. i've seen some decent plans for pvc parallettes online, so i was thinking of just using 2" pvc for the legs and making them long/tall enough to dip on. pvc is remarkably strong and really cheap. sounds like i need to make a home depot run

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'd give my left nut for one of those park setups in my back yard!! Nice looking website man, thanks for the link.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                    i've been planning on doing this for years, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. i've seen some decent plans for pvc parallettes online, so i was thinking of just using 2" pvc for the legs and making them long/tall enough to dip on. pvc is remarkably strong and really cheap. sounds like i need to make a home depot run
                    When are you going? Can I either tag along or can you pick up enough materials for 2 sets and I'll hit you back?
                    The Champagne of Beards

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      When are you going? Can I either tag along or can you pick up enough materials for 2 sets and I'll hit you back?
                      probably won't be able to do it for a few weeks. i should brainstorm and draw up an adequate set of plans before i actually purchase any materials. maybe next weekend we'll all have a brainstorm and wine drinking get-together

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                        Great, now I have to build a dip apparatus.
                        I bought a second hand walker for $5. It folds away for storage in the closet. Both my husband and I use it for dips. Best $5 I spent!
                        Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

                        June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
                        Current: 155 - size 10/12
                        Goal:135 - size 8

                        My Journal

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Momto3 View Post
                          I bought a second hand walker for $5. It folds away for storage in the closet. Both my husband and I use it for dips. Best $5 I spent!
                          Ha ha, I ended up doing the same thing for a while, but it felt pretty rickety once I was hanging over 60-65 lbs from my homemade dip belt. Ended up getting this little gem, which hangs from my pull-up bar and works like a charm: Amazon.com: Northern Response Universal Dip Station: Sports & Outdoors
                          The Champagne of Beards

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            Ha ha, I ended up doing the same thing for a while, but it felt pretty rickety once I was hanging over 60-65 lbs from my homemade dip belt. Ended up getting this little gem, which hangs from my pull-up bar and works like a charm: Amazon.com: Northern Response Universal Dip Station: Sports & Outdoors
                            Very cool!
                            Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

                            June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
                            Current: 155 - size 10/12
                            Goal:135 - size 8

                            My Journal

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RichardCook
                              I've been thinking about performing this for years, but simply have not gotten around to it yet. I've seen some good plans for pvc parallettes online, and so I was thinking about only using 2" pvc for the legs and making them long/tall enough to dip on. Pvc is extremely affordable and unexpectedly powerful. seems like I must create a home depot run.
                              Make sure you use schedule 40, which is heavier and stronger. It would be too bad to put all that work into homemade dip bars and have them break on you.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X