Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost all my strength and it has cost me $400,000!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The run is unusual and not something that is normally done, the beep test is what i have to complete every 6 months.

Dave

Comment

So what happens if you try and do pushups now? Have you tested yourself again since the test?? Maybe it was an aberration.

Also, you say you've been eating paleo, but you don't mention the composition of your meals. Some people go really, really well low carb for awhile, but then HAVE to add extra carbs into their diet. If you've been eating low carb paleo, maybe you need to up your carbs a bit and see what happens?? If you've depleted your muscle glycogen too far, the body may not have been able to synthesise enough for your muscles to keep going in order to complete the pushups.

Honestly, it's impossible to know WHY exactly, but I do think it's a good idea to test yourself right now and see what happens! Can you do your usual number, or are you still floundering??

Comment

Probably just having a bad day. I try to do 100 push-ups in 5 sets of 20. Usually the first 2-3 of sets are a breeze, but sometimes the fist set is hard - That's when I don't make it to 100. No rhyme or reason to it. I don't feel the weakness coming either.

My diet is pretty stable and I usually get ~100 grams of carbs per day.
        Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Comment

I just have to train for my yearly PT tests. Do pushups and situps regularly and start to train for the 1.5 mile run a few months before the test. Last year I ate a few bananas before the test and had my best ever run time.

Comment

How did it cost you $400,000? I'm failing to see the connection between 1 push up and $400,000.

Officer training will come again, and 20 push ups is FA
            Starting waist measurement: 36". Current 35". First Goal 33".
            Starting backsquat: 50lbs. Current squat: 132lbs.

Comment

Working...
            X