Why Do I Not Sweat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do I Not Sweat?

I know this may be an odd question, but when exercising or even for just general exertion I do not sweat hardly any at all. I can exercise for an hour straight, and my underarms may be just a little damp. This has even been true in recent years even before I went Primal. I have lost about 43 pounds since Halloween, but this situation still has not changed. Any clues or advice?
    Starting Weight - 280lbs
    Current - 280bs
    Goal - Around 200lbs(will be focusing on the mirror and not the scale then)
    Working hard to make a healthier and more active me.

I don't have much help to give, but my mother does not sweat and never has. She does get lightheaded in hot weather because of this, and also prefers to work out in a pool so she doesn't dehydrate as much. Her doctors never seem concerned about this though.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

In my experience, the more fit you are, the more you sweat...and the more hydrated you are, the more you sweat. For example, I can be working out and not sweating at all- then drink 1/2 liter of water and all of a sudden the sweat is pouring off me.

But like MissJecka said, there are probably people who just don't sweat.
      High Weight: 225
      Weight at start of Primal: 189
      Current Weight: 174
      Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Believe it or not, this has to do with being female. I won't go into the exact details of why, but physiologically when it comes to cooling the body males will tend to perspire very easily as a way to bring their core temperature down. Females on the other hand will also perspire to cool the body, but in most cases female bodies will prefer to bring blood to the surface of the skin as a way to cool the body tempertature, rather than sweating profusly.
        Do you ever notice that you may get very red in the face during exercise? This is from the blood being brought closer to the surface of the skin. Its actually a really cool phenomena in my opinion!
        http://nickburgraff.com/

Comment

I am male actually
          Starting Weight - 280lbs
          Current - 280bs

Comment

Could be hypothyroidism.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              Could be hypothyroidism.
              Thyroid has been checked recently, was completely within normal ranges.
              Starting Weight - 280lbs
              Current - 280bs

Comment

Anhidrosis - MayoClinic.com
                >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

Originally posted by mauler5858 View Post
                  Thyroid has been checked recently, was completely within normal ranges.
                  Let's rule that one out then.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Do you also get dizzy or tired when it's hot out? I actually keep electrolyte drink packets with me during the summer because straight water will not keep me from feeling like crap.
                    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                      Do you also get dizzy or tired when it's hot out? I actually keep electrolyte drink packets with me during the summer because straight water will not keep me from feeling like crap.
                      Yes somewhat.
                      Starting Weight - 280lbs
                      Current - 280bs

Comment

Originally posted by MissJecka View Post
                        Hmmm...Could possibly be.
                        Starting Weight - 280lbs
                        Current - 280bs

Comment

Im so sorry!!! I thought about that right after I posted the gender differences. That rules that out then
                          http://nickburgraff.com/

Comment

Check out Jack Kruse's Leptin Reset. He attributes it to leptin resistance
                            Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I don't sweat much either. I don't think it's a sign of anything. I wouldn't worry about.
                              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X