Running a mile every day..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running a mile every day..

Sorry if this is a repeat question or one with an obvious answer..

A few years ago I would run a mile every morning. It wasn't particularly challenging, but my body looked the best it ever has. Is it okay to run a mile every day or is that considered chronic cardio?

Thanks in advance.

That would not be chronic cardio, especially if you enjoy it.

Comment

Probably fine.

Comment

Just out of interest did you do this first thing in the morning before eating anything?
        2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Deffinitely not chronic cardio, especially since you said that you were getting positive results
          http://nickburgraff.com/

Comment

Definitely not chronic cardio. Enjoy!
            >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
            >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
            >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

Thanks everyone. This is so nice to hear! I'm getting back out there today!

Originally posted by AdamC29 View Post
              Just out of interest did you do this first thing in the morning before eating anything?
              Hey Adam, yeah that is exactly what I did. I would get up, put my shoes on, and get out the door. Afterwards I'd do some squats and pushups but nothing at all excessive.. maybe 20 each. I was never famished from the run and would just have a couple of eggs soon after.
              Last edited by miniGrokette; 02-21-2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Sounds like an enjoyable way to start the day. If you have an option to do it, absolutely go for it!
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I like that idea! Being a slow, middle-aged distance runner, I would never do less than 2.5 miles and considered that a bit of a cop-out run. But taking that much time was not possible many mornings. A mile is doable almost every morning. I may try that when the snow goes down and the mornings warm up a bit. Sounds so simple. I could even start my coffee, go for a run 15 minutes or so, and come back in to perfectly ready coffee.

Comment

i agere with you,Deffinitely not chronic cardio, especially since you said that you were getting positive results,thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X