Partial pullups while recovering?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial pullups while recovering?

About 3 weeks ago I strained a tendon where the bicep comes into the elbow. It was fairly painful doing day to day stuff and I even avoided carrying general objects in that arm.

It's recovered well since then, I can swing a racquet, carry stuff, do pushups and such with no pain.
    I tested it with three pullups this morning. At the top, as my chin got over the bar it feels like the tendon just moves or twitches a little bit. It's not painful, but it still makes me think I should avoid bicep heavy, pulling movements for a while longer.

So my question: is it worth doing partial pullups, with about a range of motion (avoiding the twitch point) while it fully recovers? Or just lay off completely?

I don't want to get weaker.

Bah. Recovery is at least as important as workouts, even without an injury. With an injury, recovery is far more important. Take the time off, or do a different exercise (aussie pullups? TRX work?) that doesn't have you quite so tempted to hurt yourself.

Strength is expensive for the body to build, and takes a while to fade. You'll probably lose a bit of endurance, but that's easy to build back up.

Comment

Working...
    X