Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other women who put on muscle ridiculously easily?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mldami View Post
    I always joke around that I go into a Hulk phase...where my muscle mass is increasing, while my body fat is stagnant. It is a phase that sucks for me. But I always do it. I bulk, then lean out, then bulk, then lean out. I still have a LONG way to go. But, at 23% BF, my goal weight would be 175lbs. And I am only 5'4". From June- Jan, My weight didn't change a lb, but my body fat % dropped 14.6%. I also dropped a size. I want some of those lbs to drop too. But they will. Slow and steady. My muscle tissue is just dense.
    This is my experience, too. When I overeat protein, the weight I put on appears to be muscle, though it may be weeks before I experience a corresponding increase in strength.

Comment

• That's one thing I always try to do - to eat much more protein than is recommended (i.e. 1.5 g/lb of lbm rather than 1). Takes discipline though.

Trying cross-fit. That many sets-reps will probably stimulate the growth, though I have to modify to the shameful girly versions I did not do in ages to get the number of reps they post - my level is dirty unwashed masses rather than elite, lol. I am concerned though about the absence of heavy work, and will be adding heavy lifts once I get the workouts I can't do (rope, rings, whatever). They also don't seem to have any rest days, but I will take one once I am exhausted. I am also adding 20-30 min cardio to what they have, Lyle imo being right about that womanly need. I kindda like it that every workout you do something different.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
        That's one thing I always try to do - to eat much more protein than is recommended (i.e. 1.5 g/lb of lbm rather than 1). Takes discipline though.

Trying cross-fit. That many sets-reps will probably stimulate the growth, though I have to modify to the shameful girly versions I did not do in ages to get the number of reps they post - my level is dirty unwashed masses rather than elite, lol.
        modifications are great; don't feel embarassed by that. Once you get comfortable with the movements and good form you can increase your intensity; one point of scaling workouts is to allow everyone to maximize their intensity -- whether it's lifting, a metcon etc.

I am concerned though about the absence of heavy work, and will be adding heavy lifts once I get the workouts I can't do (rope, rings, whatever).
        cool! Here's a strength-biased crossfit program: CrossFit Strength
        You can hunt around there for workouts with the equipment you have.
        Also I recommend you download the iphone/ipad app "WODGenius" -- it was developed by a friend of mine. It creates crossfit workouts based on the equipment that you have readily available. It would be perfect for you.

They also don't seem to have any rest days, but I will take one once I am exhausted. I am also adding 20-30 min cardio to what they have, Lyle imo being right about that womanly need. I kindda like it that every workout you do something different.
        crossfit.com does program rest days - it's three days of work per rest day. As a newb I would recommend doing two days on and one day off. The rest is very important. That is what gives your CNS and body time to recover and allows you to perform at higher intensity.
        ad astra per aspera

Comment

• Nope, they did not have a single rest day since last Friday I started their WODs. That's 4 days, and when I scrolled back, the rest day was on Tuesday, 02 February. Either they missed a few or whatever. At any rate, I am pretty good at figuring out when no gym is better than gym.

There are actually rings at random intervals at our rec centre, but no rope. But we have a stick wall (board with holes and two pegs) and a climbing wall with self-belay and an aquatic climbing wall which imo should work instead of a rope. Where there is will, there are ways....
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
          X