Strength training dilemma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
    HAHA that's a whole different story lol. I vaguely remember the argument about deloading.

Well sounds like SS is/was working, so keeping doing it. Minus the deloads. Warm up sets should have good technique, when you're close or at your max it's never going to look perfect.
    yeah, today I was doing another SS/p.h.a.t workout when I thought, F it I'm cutting the bullshit and just get back to the real lifts. So I'm 100% SS again.
    well then

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
      Well I listened, but I injured my lower back. Not saying it's your fault, just saying that being careful while adding weight is apparently useful.
      Being careful while lifting is one of the core tenets of Starting Strength. Case in point, look how much of the book is devoted to proper form.

Injuries ultimately happen to everyone who's willing to work hard and grind reps out. So does progress. Ultimately you have to make your own decision whether the latter is sufficient to justify the former.

I think you made a good call. Start at a reasonable level, and keep your form super tight as the weights start to add up again.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        Being careful while lifting is one of the core tenets of Starting Strength. Case in point, look how much of the book is devoted to proper form.

Injuries ultimately happen to everyone who's willing to work hard and grind reps out. So does progress. Ultimately you have to make your own decision whether the latter is sufficient to justify the former.

I think you made a good call. Start at a reasonable level, and keep your form super tight as the weights start to add up again.
        I don't care about the injury itself at all. I simply do not want to get all crippled or being forced to lay off lifting for a long amount of time
        well then

Comment

Working...
        X