No announcement yet.

Who is/has dealt with the flu this year and tips to adapt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75% energy level? That's not the flu. It's a measly cold.

A cold will run you down a little bit. But last time I had the flu I felt like I was going to die, had no energy do barely move, and couldn't work at all.

Unless you're underweight, I'd fast for the entire week. That'l help keep your immune system kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
      Got my D3 blood level up to 80 ng/ ml and haven't been sick in over 3 years. No asthma anymore, either!
      qft
      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by quelsen View Post
        qft
        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Echinacea

Ingredients/Supplies (All Organic):

-Echinacea root (Purpurea and/or Angustifolia)
          -80 proof Vodka
          -Blender

Blend echinacea in blender for a minute or two with vodka until it's like a pulp. Place in a glass container. After settling for a minute, the herb should come up about 70-80% of the way to the top of the mix, so the vodka is 20-30% above the herb in the mix.. Add more vodka if needed to get this ratio. Allow to extract, out of sunlight, for a minimum of 14-28 days. Shaking daily will help the extraction process. It can be allowed to sit for months, and will only get stronger.

Alternativly, grind the Echinacea down and place in vodka to extract.

Squeeze extract out and keep in glass containers. An herb press can get quite a bit more out of the pulp that is left.

SUPERTONIC

Ingredients/Supplies(All Organic):

-Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
          -Habanaro (or hottest pepper you can find)
          -Onions
          -Ginger Root
          -Horseradish Root
          -Garlic

Chop equal parts Habanaro, Onions, Ginger Root, Horseradish, and Garlic into as fine a pulp as possible. Place in glass gallon jar. Fill with Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar. Use the same 70-80% ratio. Follow same instructions as above.

For the supertonic, 1-2 tablespoons at a time if you are sick, throughout the day. You can also make a "flubuster" of 1/4 c supertonic, 1/4 cup echinacea in 1-2 quarts water and drink through the day for prevention or at the first sign of illness. Good idea to bolus with a couple tablespoons of supertonic first.

Also, if you're not sure if it's the flu, Dave Barry describes it well:
          The 'Martian Death Flu' Inches From Carpet, Molecules Hit Eyeballs - Philly.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ripped View Post
            75% energy level? That's not the flu. It's a measly cold.

A cold will run you down a little bit. But last time I had the flu I felt like I was going to die, had no energy do barely move, and couldn't work at all.

Unless you're underweight, I'd fast for the entire week. That'l help keep your immune system kicking.
            I agree with this. The two times I had the flu, death seemed preferable. Colds are never that bad, for me.
            High Weight: 225
            Weight at start of Primal: 189
            Current Weight: 174
            Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Getting sick at least once a year is actually good for your immune system. It keeps it primed to attack the bad bugs and busy enough to lower the chances of attacking your body.

The boyfriends and husband's that eat like crap and aren't getting sick likely have high inflammation levels that keep the small things at bay but will fail sometime and the consequences will be much more profound, like cancer.

To add to the flu v cold conversation. I've had true influenza once and I thought I might die, seriously. I was going to call my ex-dh to take me to the emergency room but I knew that wouldn't be able to do anything so I laid in bed for a week and crossed my fingers.

To ward off sickness when it first begins, you have a few options. Echinacea and zinc are effective if taken with 24-48 hours of exposure, while Oregon Grape root is better if it's already set in. A Chinese formula called Cinnamon Twig Decoction (Ghi Zhi Tang) is safe and very effective if taken at the first signs like a tiny bit of fatigue, a little scratch in the throat, and/or sneezing. Get under lots of blankets and you know it worked if you sweat. Elderberry and garlic are always good.

ETA: I AM NOT A DOCTOR. THESE ARE THINGS MY PROFESSORS HAVE SAID OR I'VE READ ON THE INTERNET. USE THIS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
              Last edited by jkr; 01-14-2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Did you guys get flu shots?? I will never again, especially after a guest writer on my blog told me of some research she dug up and its actually scary. Clean eating and healthy living is the only way to go.
                If you want to read her guest post you can check it out here

Comment

Oh and just as a disclaimer neither of us are doctors so read and use at your own discretion as well! Be sure to watch the video at the end of the blog too!

Comment

Working...
                  X