Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Challange Yoruself to do a *Insert something awsome* in 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    BamaAla:

    1 arm pull-up

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
      ADDED

      unassisted negatives are a really good method, but you need to be able to control the drop not just fall
      Word.

      Not trying to derail thread - lots of people want to do chins/one arm chins. I strongly believe doing assisted chins and or pull-downs simply can't train the nerves, coordination, and stabilizers as effectively as unassisted negatives. Such exercises will certainly help though!

      Comment


      • #48
        To squat twice my bodyweight.

        Currently at 53kg (53.5 and rising ) and hoping to be at about 60 by the end of the year... So between 110-120kg squat.
        Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

        Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
        https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
        MFP Food Diary:
        http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
        (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by goneprimal View Post
          Word.

          Not trying to derail thread - lots of people want to do chins/one arm chins. I strongly believe doing assisted chins and or pull-downs simply can't train the nerves, coordination, and stabilizers as effectively as unassisted negatives. Such exercises will certainly help though!
          I denfinatly agree with you on the pull downs, I'm becoming more and more of the opionion that weight machines which isolate muscles do more harm than good, however I think band assisted pull ups are really positive, especially if you are training while still losing weight as all they really do is lighten you, so if you are carring 20lbs of extra fat for example, a band will help take that 20lbs off while still training all the muscles and nerves and joints as you are still hanging and free to swing and wobble, once you've lost some weight you can move to bands that help less of drop them all together.

          And don't worry about derailing the thread, on topic discussion keeps the thread going and is usefull for everyone reading.
          You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by BamaAla View Post
            BamaAla:

            1 arm pull-up
            Added

            Originally posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
            To squat twice my bodyweight.

            Currently at 53kg (53.5 and rising ) and hoping to be at about 60 by the end of the year... So between 110-120kg squat.
            Added and love the user name but why are you so angry

            Originally posted by ponfs
            I'd also like to beat my PR in our local 15K (the Utica Boilermaker), and qualify for the Boston Marathon (gonna run a qualifier in late summer I think, Montreal most likely).
            Go forth from this place, procreate and expire mighty mechaniod of Spamerlot
            You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

            Comment


            • #51
              Squat twice my body weight, Am doing 4 kilo above it at the moment, so it'll be about 130-140.
              Double my Deadlift, currently at 90kilos and improving every other day.

              As for something new.

              Do a 60 Kilo Clean and jerk and a 60 Kilo snatch. Currently can't do either with the bar, still hammering the technique in my head as am forced to self teach the moves.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by CelticDog View Post
                Squat twice my body weight, Am doing 4 kilo above it at the moment, so it'll be about 130-140.
                Double my Deadlift, currently at 90kilos and improving every other day.

                As for something new.

                Do a 60 Kilo Clean and jerk and a 60 Kilo snatch. Currently can't do either with the bar, still hammering the technique in my head as am forced to self teach the moves.
                Added
                You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

                Comment


                • #53
                  So hows progress going? I'm doing split leg squats atm, second week of them, could barely walk last week due to DOMs, fine today after doing them yesterday so I'll up the intensity again next week and I'll be sandbag squatting with 40kg on Friday as I have got another bag of sand now.

                  Still working on upping pull-up numbers, can't really work on muscle-ups till I can get to the park pull-up bars coz I'll bash my head on the celing.
                  You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I deadlifted 6 reps at 286lbs last week, also did a single at 308lbs, so I am right on track for now

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
                      So hows progress going?
                      I'm very happy that I did 50% body weight bench press. I didn't have a specific goal number for bench press. I just wanted to stop dropping the bar on my neck. I've switched to doing 5 sets of 3 (instead of 3 sets of 5) and now I think I ought to be able to progress to some heavier weight.

                      I'm considering buying pullup bands, but they're pretty expensive. I know lat pulls probably don't help much, but I've been holding the bar like I would for pullups and trying not to brace my body on the equipment. I figure once I work up to a weight that is so heavy I can't keep my body down without bracing it, I might be getting somewhere.
                      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I'm progressing nicely. I am using surgical tubing or a chair for the assist but it seems to be getting much easier
                        Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
                        SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
                        CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

                        BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                          I'm very happy that I did 50% body weight bench press. I didn't have a specific goal number for bench press. I just wanted to stop dropping the bar on my neck. I've switched to doing 5 sets of 3 (instead of 3 sets of 5) and now I think I ought to be able to progress to some heavier weight.

                          I'm considering buying pullup bands, but they're pretty expensive. I know lat pulls probably don't help much, but I've been holding the bar like I would for pullups and trying not to brace my body on the equipment. I figure once I work up to a weight that is so heavy I can't keep my body down without bracing it, I might be getting somewhere.
                          Glad you're not dropping weight bars on your neck anymore - that always has to be a good thing I used bungee cords as I'm cheap and poor instead of pull-up bands, they didn't help much, but just enough to get a couple of reps in. I've now got an excersie band from the physio with I'm using for last set of reps, it can't give more that a few lbs of assist but it's enough to crank out a last set, then I move on to power holds and negatives. Can you do flex hangs and power holds (the top and bottom position of a pull-up? I reckon they would help most to train all the stabilsing muscles to work best with doing lat-pull downs.
                          You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by utfsdh
                            Add me, I want to do over 60 push-ups in one go. I know I can get there if I just train consistently. I KNOW I can be at least 20% cooler!
                            Added
                            You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Chris_H View Post
                              I'm progressing nicely. I am using surgical tubing or a chair for the assist but it seems to be getting much easier
                              Are you up to doing negatives or power-holds yet? Once you can manage them I think they really help psuh you on - you can make yourslef rather sore the next day with negatives though, so be warned
                              You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I'm a little late to the party but I'd like to get my goal in here. It's a little different in that my goal is more about the process, I'm not sure what the end result will be but I"m excited to find out.

                                In 2013 my goal is to do at least 5,000 pullups!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X