Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Pull-up Progression Video!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Pull-up Progression Video!

    Hey Guys,

    I just put up the third video in my Youtube series on Progressive Calisthenics. The clip shows me demonstrating different pull-up variations ranging from beginner to advanced. Have a look and let me know what you think!

    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

    "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

    My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

    sigpic

  • #2
    Damn you. <--(Can't do pull-ups.)

    I've got a bar for my door and I've been trying, but it's so disappointing. Trying again tomorrow. I want to try for 10-25min every other day, doing the "raise yourself onto tippy-toes using as much arm force as possible" trick to try and build strength. Want to do them properly, though...
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

    --
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey Al, you do a lot of pull ups. In the video it looks like you barely get your chin over the bar, and on quite a few reps you tilt your head back and chin up to make it to that point. I'm curious, I see some people do them chest to bar. What makes you choose to do them this way?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kochin View Post
        Damn you. <--(Can't do pull-ups.)

        I've got a bar for my door and I've been trying, but it's so disappointing. Trying again tomorrow. I want to try for 10-25min every other day, doing the "raise yourself onto tippy-toes using as much arm force as possible" trick to try and build strength. Want to do them properly, though...
        Don't give up! Here's another pull-up tutorial I did that's aimed a bit more toward beginners:



        Originally posted by RobbyJ View Post
        Hey Al, you do a lot of pull ups. In the video it looks like you barely get your chin over the bar, and on quite a few reps you tilt your head back and chin up to make it to that point. I'm curious, I see some people do them chest to bar. What makes you choose to do them this way?
        Hey Robby - Admittedly, there are a couple reps in this clip that leave a bit to be desired, especially the one arm pull-up at the end, but hey, that was the best I had in me that day and sometimes that's just how things go. Having said that, the camera angle might make it look like I'm not getting as far up as I am and the fact that I'm using such a thick bar further obscures things (take a look at the clip again and look where my chin is relative to the bottom of the bar, not the top). Besides, while I think chest-to-bar pull-ups are totally worthwhile, I wouldn't consider that the standard range of motion.
        "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

        "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

        My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
          Don't give up! Here's another pull-up tutorial I did that's aimed a bit more toward beginners:

          Awesome, thanks! I'm working on "downunders" one workout, dead hangs the next, to try and build my body up. I've worked out that placing the bar at "crotch height" (for lack of another way of saying it) seems to be just low enough so I can do them, but just high enough to kill by the third set.
          --
          Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

          --
          I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
          I'd apologize, but...

          Comment

          Working...
          X