Calorie burning trikcs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calorie burning trikcs

Does anyone have unusual calorie burning tips that they use? personally, I chew gum for several hours a day and try to constantly be tapping my feet. Any subtle ways to increase calorie expenditure?

Almost any thing like this is going to burn so few calories that it's not worth worrying about.
    Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

Comment

Eat real food and dedicate some of your time to REAL exercise. Just don't waste your time with ideas like that...
      Your body will lose the fat if you give it the right stimuli, trust me.

Comment

I've lost patience with tricks, in general.

If the fat and carbs and protein are good quality and in the right proportion and timed fairly well, you shouldn't need to try to force your system to have a higher metabolic rate.

I read someplace that keeping the metabolism cranked up to high most of the time leads to wearing out the body before its time. Grok worked hard now and then, but then lay around in hammocks, is my impression.

Comment

troll?
          challenge yourself
          i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

As noted, diet is the primary factor.

Beyond that, individual results vary, but one thing that seems to help me is lots of exposure to cold, prompting my body to make more heat. Cold water in the shower; cold air when I go for morning walks minimally dressed; cold wind when I drive with the windows down, etc. Never to the point of extreme discomfort, but certainly to the point where my heart beats a little faster and I breathe a little heavier for a while. Of course, it could just be my imagination; it's not like I've done a controlled experiment.

Comment

gum is not primal...
              Get on my Level
              http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Chew gum for SEVERAL hours a day? You're looking at some pretty negative symptoms coming your way if you don't change up your lifestyle...
                sigpic
                In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

It's not about calories. It's about what kind of foods you're eating. The "calorie burning tricks" are for CW dieters, not PBers.
                  Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

I chew meat several times a day.

Comment

@Timothy

Be aware that prolonged, rather than acute exposure to cold may trigger just the opposite of what you intend, signalling that you need to put on some fat in order to insulate against the cold.
                      Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

Comment

Originally posted by eva View Post
                        troll?
                        May be a good catch there, eva!

Comment

I saw the title of this thread and clicked just to see the answers PBers gave, LOL.
                          sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

~Shadowrider/eva ~ What's the "troll" reference?

Comment

Originally posted by ToniWA View Post
                              ~Shadowrider/eva ~ What's the "troll" reference?
                              Well, I definitely don't want to jump to the conclusion that the OP is a troll, although I do think it's a suspiciously trollish post (more so since it's the first and *only* post so far by the OP...).

There may be a more definite definition of a troll (if that's what you're asking), but to me it's someone who joins a group/forum with the sole intention of stirring up the pot (so to speak) and trying to get everyone worked up while they sit back and laugh. I certainly don't get it, but evidently some people get their jollies that way...

Anyway, the original post would be more indicative of the MO of a "more effective" troll: just enough off kilter to get people going but not so blatant as to be an obvious troll post (like the nut case who had been showing up on Sundays for a while screaming all kinds of nonsense).

Comment

Working...
                              X