No announcement yet.

Push-up Progression *Video!*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An upside down dragon flag would be pretty remarkable. You'd still have to use your arms to hold the pole though, wouldn't you?
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking you'd lock your feet under something and keep hands behind your head.
      So it would be kind of like a hyperextension...I guess we could name it the Super-Duper-Hyper Extension No Arm Push-up!
      Last edited by Tom B-D; 01-03-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Gotcha. Sort of like a glute/ham raise (google it).
        "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
          Thanks again for all the positivity and support, guys!

Coach Wade and I agree on about 99% of this type of stuff but one arm push-ups is a key area where we diverge. I firmly believe that a wide stance makes for a more sound one arm push-up than feet together. In my next book (which will be out in about 2-3 months) I present my case for why I feel this way.
          What a tease! Mark BamaAla down for a copy on the day it's released...so impatient though.

ETA: what about planche (sp?) push-ups? Are those part of the progression or are they left mainly as a gymnastic skill/exercise?
          Last edited by BamaAla; 01-04-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaAla View Post
            What a tease! Mark BamaAla down for a copy on the day it's released...so impatient though.

ETA: what about planche (sp?) push-ups? Are those part of the progression or are they left mainly as a gymnastic skill/exercise?
            As is typical with Dragon Door products, the ebook may be out a bit sooner. I'll keep you guys posted when I have more specifics. I'm glad you're excited for it though!

As for the planche push-up, it is something that I touch upon briefly in the book, but it's not a major component.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
              Gotcha. Sort of like a glute/ham raise (google it).
              I wish I didn't! So much to achieve!

Comment

Working...
              X