Muscles soreness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscles soreness

Just wondering what methods actually work to help muscle repair? I know plenty of rest but I mean short term if you get a particuarlly tough session which really aches. Compression gear seems to have hit and miss reviews and short of pain killers I have no idea.
    Last edited by Shane.; 12-03-2012, 05:45 PM.

maybe a hot bath with epsom salt.

Comment

Food and rest.
      And a walk.

Comment

Mild activity is the best I've found. Just be careful not to overdo things and add to the soreness.

Comment

For me, rest, solid nutrition and once a month massage therapy. I also do epsom salt baths followed by a natural based muscle cream and I use a heating pad if necessary.

Also being aware of your body helps a lot. It's about knowing when not too push it.

Comment

For me, a hot shower, some rest, maybe some ibuprofen, and for a certain kind of pain/soreness/tightness (can't really explain how it's different from when I don't wrap) I do use ace bandages as a compression wrap. And then do some of the same work. Maybe not as hard, or as long but use the same muscles again.

Comment

Pain kilers? Ibprofune? Should u be working out if it causes that much pain?

Comment

If you're talking about DOMS, just man up and take it. IME you won't get it as bad or at all once your body is conditioned to exercise. Although I have found that stretching properly afterwards and foam rolling does help.

Comment

For me the amount of soreness is directly proportional to the number of reps I did. I could not detect any correletion with strength increase or muscle growth.
                  So I have learned to up the weight or make the exercise more difficult and do fewer repetitions if I want less pain. YMMV.

Comment

rest and good food are the best, but there's definitely something to supplementing with magnesium to help with the soreness. and, depending on how sore you are, a little active recovery can make it go away temporarily.
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I have this thing called a MA roller. I use it on my back and it seems to help with back muscle soreness. If I could do foam rolling without looking like a beached seal in the throws of death I might try that on my legs. I tried it once and felt so uncoordinated I never tried it again. Plus it HURTS!
                      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Yeah, some low and slow activity like walking is a good idea. I also do contrast hot/cold right after my workouts. Sauna for 15 minutes/couple minutes in cold shower/back to sauna/shower....finish up by turning it on warm and done. Also epsom salt baths are great idea. Thats about it. Really just takes time otherwise. Don't take ibuprofen or anything though! The inflammatory part is healing Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

foam rolling and lacrosse ball work - KStar style. the fancy term they're using these days is 'myofascial release.'

Comment

Another vote for magnesium supplementing here... I noticed a significant drop in day-after-workout soreness after adding a magnesium supplement.

Comment

Another vote for the foam roller here....it's the pleasure and the pain all at the same time

That...and some yoga seems to work for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X