No announcement yet.

Tips for lifting boulder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasn't stopped raining in a very, very long time - during my waking hours. Boulder is slippery and freezing cold. I don't lift it. Still can't find my weights. But my bodyweight workouts are filling the void for now.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

As long as your back's straight and you lift and put down with a squatting motion: go for it! Lifting and moving unstable things is a brilliant way to build up your minor muscles and supportive tissues. I carry uneven weighted bags (by hand, half the time, to strengthen my arms and shoulders) and it's really helpful. If you can get your hands on logs, rocks and half-filled water-cooler refills (20L, so 10L full) to carry around with you: do it! It's amazingly good for you.
      --
      Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
      I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
      I'd apologize, but...

Comment

I have one that I can roll across the yard. Pretty sure I couldn't lift this monstrosity if my life depended on it. The good thin about rolling is you can really lean into it and keep good form. That and its not nearly as dependent on your grip, which I'm gonna guess could easily become the limiting factor when trying to lift something with smooth or irregular edges.

Comment

Originally posted by Noctiluca View Post
          Look up atlas stones. You might find some pointers!
          Bingo! Zercher.

Comment

Working...
          X